Hevos Preamp, oh yea...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tightanic, May 16, 2003.

1. Tightanic

Tightanic

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    This is the first time that I'm posting a "look at what I got" thread, but I'm just too excited right now. I just ordered the Dual-Tube-Preamp from Hevos!
    I really hope that it will be what I was looking for, but reading the reviews on the page (link above), you'll (hopefully) agree that there can't be much wrong about it! Even if I wouldn't like it: I've at least got the right to return it!
    But the best thing is the price: 410€, that's less than 470 $ for a unit that normally costs 940$! :eek:
    The trick is that it is slighty used, but Rob from Hevos has taken a look at it and given an additional 3 month of warranty.:cool:
    Now i hope that I will find a used QSC PLX1202 or 1602 which isn't easy at all in Germany. Of course I could buy it new, but for a student (which I am), 1000 $ and more for a power amp is just overkill.

Just wanted to let you know!

Johannes

2. Let us know how it sounds when you've had a chance to play it. I contacted Hevos a year or two ago about possibly ordering a preamp just like yours, but at the time (and maybe still?), they didn't make an "export model" that could be used in the US. Bummer; it sounds like something I'd like a lot.

3. Tightanic

Tightanic

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    Yes, that's exactly what I thought! Especially the Neutrik jacks seem to be something that no other manufacturer has discovered yet! I hope that the output level will be strong enough, but therefore I'm alreade negotiating with QSC in germany about modification of their amps!:p

Johannes

4. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Damn. I was just about to jump on that deal. 410 Euro is a great price. If you don´t like it you´ve got a buyer here.;)
    I want it.:bawl:

5. Tightanic

Tightanic

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    Actually this is a good idea! Rob is going to ship it next week. If I really don't like it at all, I will send you a pm. Nevertheless, reading all those great reviews, it's pretty unlikely that this will happen...
    Sorry dude! :meh:

Johannes

6. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Don´t feel bad. Enjoy the preamp and congrats on a great buy!
    But do PM me if you dont like it.

7. Tightanic

Tightanic

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    Ah, I forgot about something: Sombody in germany has another used Hevos-Pre that he hasn't sold yet. I didn't buy it from him because I liked the 3 month warranty on the used one from hevos.nl . I'll pass you his email address (private mail), and you contact him if you want to! Cheers! ;)

Johannes

PS: You still have to negotiate about the price, he asked for 600€, but I am sure you won't need to pay that much!