Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hevos Preamp, oh yea...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tightanic, May 16, 2003.

1. Tightanic

Tightanic Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    This is the first time that I'm posting a "look at what I got" thread, but I'm just too excited right now. I just ordered the Dual-Tube-Preamp from Hevos!
    I really hope that it will be what I was looking for, but reading the reviews on the page (link above), you'll (hopefully) agree that there can't be much wrong about it! Even if I wouldn't like it: I've at least got the right to return it!
    But the best thing is the price: 410€, that's less than 470 $ for a unit that normally costs 940$! :eek:
    The trick is that it is slighty used, but Rob from Hevos has taken a look at it and given an additional 3 month of warranty.:cool:
    Now i hope that I will find a used QSC PLX1202 or 1602 which isn't easy at all in Germany. Of course I could buy it new, but for a student (which I am), 1000 $ and more for a power amp is just overkill.

Just wanted to let you know!

Johannes

2. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    Let us know how it sounds when you've had a chance to play it. I contacted Hevos a year or two ago about possibly ordering a preamp just like yours, but at the time (and maybe still?), they didn't make an "export model" that could be used in the US. Bummer; it sounds like something I'd like a lot.

3. Tightanic

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    Yes, that's exactly what I thought! Especially the Neutrik jacks seem to be something that no other manufacturer has discovered yet! I hope that the output level will be strong enough, but therefore I'm alreade negotiating with QSC in germany about modification of their amps!:p

Johannes

4. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Damn. I was just about to jump on that deal. 410 Euro is a great price. If you don´t like it you´ve got a buyer here.;)
    I want it.:bawl:

5. Tightanic

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    Actually this is a good idea! Rob is going to ship it next week. If I really don't like it at all, I will send you a pm. Nevertheless, reading all those great reviews, it's pretty unlikely that this will happen...
    Sorry dude! :meh:

Johannes

6. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Don´t feel bad. Enjoy the preamp and congrats on a great buy!
    But do PM me if you dont like it.

7. Tightanic

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    Ah, I forgot about something: Sombody in germany has another used Hevos-Pre that he hasn't sold yet. I didn't buy it from him because I liked the 3 month warranty on the used one from hevos.nl . I'll pass you his email address (private mail), and you contact him if you want to! Cheers! ;)

Johannes

PS: You still have to negotiate about the price, he asked for 600€, but I am sure you won't need to pay that much!