Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hex wrench for BadassII bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by DWBass, Aug 2, 2005.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Is there a place where I can get these tiny tiny wrenches?? I've had to buy an entire set just to get the tiniest one but I keep losing them. I don't want or need the larger ones. Does anyone know of any place that just sells the tiny ones?

2. Audiophage

Audiophage

Jan 9, 2005
    Most hardware stores should have the allen wrench that you're looking for. I wouldn't know of any names because all of mine are local businesses. I believe that the one you are looking for measures at .05 of an inch.

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Thanks. I'll have to try an independant type store because the Home Depot, Lowes and Ace stores here only have the set! Geez, why'd they have to make the screw so small??!! Gah!

4. I'm with ya bro on losing those damn things and just this last week I think I've found the solution. You might have to look hard for these but they exist...You know the screwdrivers used for small work that have a black oxide shank running up into a chrome handle with a loose round flat knob on the top? They usually come in sets of 6 or more. They make these with hex wrenches in them too. I've got that exact one and it's much harder to loose than the little "L" shaped ones. Now, don't expect to find these at your better tool outlets or even at the B grade tool outlets. Better to go to places like Dollar General, Harbor Freight, Big Lots, anywhere that the Chinese pour their stuff into this country and you'll have a better chance of finding them. Maybe even the web if you want to search a bunch of pages. But that long vertical shape with the spinning finger rest on top is the perfect configuration for bridge adjustment.

Hope this helps

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Hmmmm.........you know what, I think I have one of those sets that I bought at the Dollar Tree! Lemme look.................:eyebrow:

6. endlessbassic

endlessbassic

Dec 23, 2004
    I'd be very surprised if you couldn't just order a few from Leo Quan.. they are thinner than a human hair, and i had no luck at hardware stores, indy or otherwise. It is indeed a .05"

7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I actually found a fold up set at the local ACE hardware store. It had the .050 size I needed. No way I'm losing this one. It's going in the gig bag!