Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey 5stringDNA got a new bass and is studying with Paul!

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Ed Fuqua, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    sigh....good times.

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Congratulations. You have chosen a wonderful instrument, and a great teacher. Have fun!

3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Another new bass? What happened to the one you got a few days ago? :smug:

Seriously, that great! Between Paul's knowledge and his life stories, you should be in good shape.

4. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    +1. Just remember not to touch any of the bass pics in the bathroom. Especially not the ones that are stuck together.

5. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Who knows? The seed of knowledge can be planted in any number of ways.

6. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    OH!

And congrats! I wish I was close enough to Denver to bug PW myself!

7. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Hahah....is this the replacement thread for the one that went awry? ;) It seems my wonderful professors ahve dumped anholy amount of hoemwork on me all the sudden, but there is ALWAYS enough time to make sure my fingers get sore. What's sleep anyway? I am beggining to see and feel why you guys so affectionately call BG's toys. :)

8. Damn Ray.....that's bad. Even for you!

9. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
  10. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Paul, at a gig the other night some guy comes up to me and says "who the hell is Paul Warburton ??!! " I sez" uh, he's a bassist why ? and this cat sez" Because you keep forwarding me his crazy emails..." I asked him if he wanted me to stop...and when his wife wasn;t listening he said "no, keep 'em coming...

;-)

11. That's NOT what I wanted to be known for, Z......

12. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Paul, you must not subscribe to the old adage "any publicity is good publicity !

;-)

DZ

13. I don't, and the stuff I send to anybody on this board, I censor because I know alot of you guys are married.
    You oughta see my cold-hearted stuff!! ;)