Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey, Atlanta people!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Dave Siff, May 22, 2002.

1. Just wanted to let y'all know I have a gig tomorrow night (Thursday) with my band, Love The Baby. (Ed. note: I didn't come up with the name, but I'll explain it to anyone who asks!) Anyway, the show is at a club called The Vault. It's in Buckhead, at 3259 Roswell Road, a couple of blocks up from The Roxy and Rio Bravo. We're playing first out of three bands, at around 9:30. $5 to get in. This is our second gig.. the first one, over the weekend, went really well, so we're psyched to get back out there.
    If any of you guys and gals can make it, I'd be eternally grateful!
    Oh yeah, forgot.. the music is rock. Pretty straight up.

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I'll be there.

Dave forgot to mention that this place has plenty of free parking, too. Nice, and convenient.

3. I'll see if I can drag Joe out on a Thursday night! :D We both have top work pretty early, but since you're going on first, I might be able to swing it. Hopefully, will see you there....fi not...hope you have a great gig!

Lisa

4. Arrrgh! Sorry Dave, I have a rehearsal that night. Too bad, since 9:30 is pretty reasonable compared to some weeknight start times. Please keep us informed of your future gigs.

5. Will do, Joe. BTW, I'm planning on catching your band at the Atlanta Jazz festival on Sunday. I get off work at 2:30, gonna take MARTA over to the park!

6. UPDATE!! We are playing at 9pm, not 10. So, you'll be home even earlier. Come on out!!

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey dave. i'll try to make it.

8. I'm sweet-talking Joe even as we speak...er...type. Should see you tonight barring any major snafus!

Lisa

9. When did the Vault start booking bands? Last time I went up there they were trying to be Buckhead Goth and doing nothing but dance music.
    Is it still owned by the same people who own the Masquerade and the Chamber?

10. Hey Thomas.. I see you're in Barnesville. Our guitarist/singer lives there, too. Treks up to Atlanta for practice every Wednesday!
    Anyway, yeah.. the Vault is still owned by the same folks. The guys there told me some bad things started going down when they were doing hip-hop and rap, so they decided to make it a rock club. They started having bands play there last week. It's a pretty decent room, with a cool stage.
    Thanks to bassmonkeee and JT (and their better halves) for comin' out to the show last night! The guy who books the place really liked us and gave us a Friday night.. June 14. Mark it down!

11. Sorry I didn't make it Dave! We were all ready to go and a neighbor showed up needing some immediate help. It was 9:15 by the time we finished, and I figured we'd miss ya. I'm marking the 14th down on the calendar.

Lisa