Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey, Atlanta TBers!! Gig Alert!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassmonkeee, Jul 18, 2002.

1. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Howdy, folks. Tonight marks the beginning of a biweekly gig for the Bassmonkeee at Birdi's in Downtown Decatur.

We'll be playing mostly 40s-60s blues with a couple of jazz standards thrown in for good measure. The guitar player and drummer are both amazing musicians, and also tasty players.

We're playing from 8-11, and there is no cover charge.

You can mapquest using the address: 121 Sycamore St, Decatur, GA (this is actually the business NEXT to Birdi's, but I couldn't find their address online).

Or, you can just find the Courthouse on E Ponce, and turn into the horseshoe shaped parking lot next to it, and you'll be facing Birdi's Blue neon sign.

Hope to see you there!

2. tim4003

tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    We'll try to get by & CHECK YOUZ GUYS OUT!

3. Drat! Didn't see this until today.:rolleyes: Let me know when you're there again, and I'll see if I can't get by!

Lisa

4. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    We'll be playing every other Thursday, so the next one should be on August 1st. I'll let ya know.

Thaks for the interest!

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Speakin' of not seein' things...when is ya gonna visit me ma down here in FL???? Was hoping to hang again soon!

bassmonkeee...ain't a steady gig fun? :D

6. We were just there last weekend. I thought you and the wife knew we were there.

Lisa

7. Cool! I'll see if I can't drag Joe outta the house.

Lisa

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Nooooo.....

....as usual! :p

The story of my life: Mushroom treatment - kept in the dark and fed bullsh!t....;)

:D

...well darn...we woulda made the ride out if we'd known...

9. Drat! We were going to give you guys a call, but every time we thought about it, it was kind of late. Joe was Diving every day but Monday, which is when we left.

I think we're going back in a couple of months. I'll be sure to let you know next time.

Lisa

10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    I'm always up late (typical musician type :D), besides, e-mail is free and don't ring at midnight ;). Well, if the next TB shindig is in August, I believe me -n- the missus will be there (barring any unforseen gigs interfering). We'll get together either way soon! :D

11. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Unless you guys are planning on meeting up at my next gig on August 1st, find your own #&#*#$%#(^% thread!!!

:p :D :rolleyes:

12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    :p

If we wanna hijack your thread, we will, deal with it!

:D

If Atlanta weren't so damn far away, I'd come heckle ya every week!

13. Sounds good...hope you guys are planning to stay with us! :D

I was planning on meeting up with you at your next gig on August 1...does that count? :D

Lisa

14. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Sycamore St.........that's pretty close to school...which is where I'm not till another month.... If you guys play during the school year, I could possibly check "y'all" out.

15. Drat! Thursday is my regular rehearsal time. Oh well, good luck with the gig.

16. *bump*

17. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Thanks, Joe.

Been a rough week (dislocated shoulder, drummer has a sub filling in so he can go to a funeral, etc...), so thanks for remembering to bug everyone for me, even when I forgot.

Also, I will be bringing the 8 string fretless with me to the gig tonight. It remains to be seen how much use it will see at the blues gig. :D

18. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    I want to check this out, but I'm heading out of town this afternoon. I'll try to make the next one in two weeks. If the schedule changes, please post something. Hope it goes well.

19. Well...I've got to say I really enjoyed it! Youz guyz is playin' my kind-o-jazz! Had a great time....sorry we couldn't stay until the end! The new bass is incredible too! :D

Everyone in the area should definitely try to check it out! I think the next gig is August 15th.

Lisa

20. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Thanks for coming out, Lisa. I figure it went pretty well considering that was a friend of ours subbing on drums. Did ya notice that pretty much every song ended the exact same way? :D

Don't feel bad about leaving early. Asking anyone to stay for a 3 hours is a bit much.

And, yes, the next gig is August 15th.

Thanks to Hambone for showing up, too!