Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HEY ATLANTA TB'ERS!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by john turner, Jan 28, 2005.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    any atlanta tb'ers who want to try out a pretty kick butt 5 string (ritter) that i temporarily have gimme a pm. i probably won't have it long (it's a mix up, jens was supposed to send me a seven for my review).

it's this one...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is your shot, folks, you won't see this one around often. gimme a shout and maybe we can have an impromptu get together this weekend at casa turner :D :hyper:

2. :eek:
    I'll be giving you a call tomorrow!

3. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga

heh heh. i figured you'd want to check this out. get jason too.

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

John
    Your the man the pros go to in the 7 string world, very cool. Keep Rockin.

5. Man , i'm jealous . Your house is now full with Conklins and a Ritter .The value of all the basses has to be like 50 000 $ or so. How did you convince Jens to ''borrow'' you one of his basses ? :D
    Don't forget to post some clips !

6. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    heh, well, he actually asked me to do a review last year, and i thought it was a great idea :D. i'll be doing a serious review of the 7 string ritter that he had at the namm show, with sound clips and the whole nine yards, but there was a mixup, and i got this beautiful 5 instead. i'll probably be sending this one on to the folks intended (who incidentally are doing a review of this one in one of the bass guitar magazines) and i'll probably (hopefully?) be getting the 7 next week some time.

7. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    heh, well, i don't know if i would go _THAT_ far, but i definitely am going to dig doing these reviews :D :hyper:

8. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    John I would love to come down from Alpharetta and play it but I'll be at the Masquerade all day tomorrow at the Atlanta Metal Fest. Thats one nice lookin bass.

9. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    gimme a pm with your number anyway, if you're not busy on sunday maybe we can set up a time then for you to come by.

10. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

Heh, and I'll be hitching a ride.

11. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga

cool. i figured you would be

12. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Well, one of you guys better post some sort of a review on it. :spit: :p ;)

Please??

13. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    pm sent. Thanks for the offer.

14. Hot DAMN.:eek:

Umm, how long you gonna have that? Or the 7 string version? I might be able to get over to that side of the country (on TOTALLY unrelated business) and would kill several people to get the chance to play that. Umm, how much does that thing cost, BTW?

Dear God, that is a beautiful instrument. THOSE pics are getting saved.

Rock on
    Eric

15. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i'll probably be shipping it out tomorrow, but when i get the 7 i'll have it for a couple months.

16. for a couple months ??!! :eek: Why don't you just buy the bass ? Aren't you gassing for a Ritter over a long period of time... :D

17. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Because he can try it out for 2 months first? :D

18. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Just got home from trying out the Ritter 5 string at JT's. A pretty amazing bass, indeed.

Jens is definitely in the top tier of bass building, that's for sure.

Thanks for teh opportunity, JT!

19. I was along for the ride on this one. The Ritter is incredible. Definitely the nicest bass I've ever played. The woodwork was amazing, it balanced perfectly, played effortlessly and sounded gigantic. JT fired up his Aguilar DB 680/QSC PLX-3002 rig with the 4x12 guitar cab and 1x18 bass sub. The Ritter has a pretty wide array of tones available with the onboard electronics, but I liked how it sounded in passive mode. Great growl.
    Thanks for the chance to play it, JT! Lookin' forward to checking out that 7-string.

20. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Any chance of a detailed review from you guys?