Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hey atlanta tb'ers!!!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by john turner, Sep 30, 2002.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    we're going to play at smith's olde bar tomorrow night again (does "smith's" get the "e" or does "old"? my money's on "old") at around 9:00. it would be really cool, if anybody's interested, if they could come out and throw spitballs at us :D

we'll be playing different songs this time, so it'll be like a whole new experience. :D :rolleyes:

2. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    by "tomorrow night" i mean tuesday october 1. sorry about that. :rolleyes: :D.

3. When are you gonna take this show on the road for the rest of us, JT? ;)

4. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, when we have...

1. a product - the cd is at the mastering engineer as we type, so the product aspect is very nearly completed

2. a capable management agency representing us - this is also waiting on the cd to be finished.

we really want to get on the road, so to speak, and we are getting really close to being road-worthy, gig-wise, so hopefully this is closing in.

5. You will, of course, be posting order info and (when the time comes) tour dates I assume..

I'd love to see alot of the guys here play.. Maybe now that I don't have to worry about that whole driving across the pacific thing anymore I can make it to a show or two... Here's hopin'. :D

6. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    bumperoni.

7. I will try to be there, no guarantees though. By the way, where is Smiths Olde Bar and Grill. While it is well known, I have never been there.

8. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    it's at 1580 piedmont road, just north of monroe, on the west side of the street. it's right next to the warrior guitar gallery. they're having their open mic tonight and we'll be playing around 9 or 9:15 or so. hope you can make it :)

9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Ill wait for the DVD concert import

10. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    lol. that'll be a while. :D

11. I came. I saw. Lord Only conquered. They definitely were the highlight of open mic at Smiths last night, no one else even came close. JT, it was great seeing you guys play last night, you definitely lived up to all the hype. I'm looking forward to a time when you play a complete set someplace. I just about fell out of my seat when you guys took the stage. I see your lead singer standing there, expecting a real deep voice, next thing I know I'm listening to someone that sounds real close to Geddy Lee. I had to check again to make sure that sound was coming from your singer. Make sure to keep us posted on your next gig, I'm certainly looking forward to it.

12. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    thanks for coming, man. i'm really glad you made it. :D yeah, i can't wait until we have a real gig too.