Hey bassists and Fender lovers..read this...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Funky Tune, Jun 29, 2005.

1. wow... very interesting. thank you for sharing.
  2. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    ooooooooh I like very interesting I enjoy Jaco's story best....................I wonder where it could be...

also another cool story I heard somwhere about Jaco was that once he was all druged up on crack and went to a concert of a very popular band at the time (cant remember what band it was?) but he just walked up on stage and took the bassists bass and just walked out , and apparently the bassist just gave it to him when he came on stage because....he was Jaco Pastorius.

If anyone knowes who the band was I would like to know
  3. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    That Jaco stuff is REALLY interesting.
  4. Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
    to my knowledge, the bass now belongs to his son, Felix Pastorius, he still plays it sometimes. around FL i think
  5. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Good read.

I'm a big Clash fan. Nice to know a little trivia about the London Calling pic.
  6. hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    John Paul Jones sure did jam that fender jazz ! i loved his bass lines on all the Zepplin tunes! :bassist:
  7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    I thought the Bass of Doom was lost during Jaco's homeless period(s?).

Great list, there's some cool stuff on there.
  8. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    me too,he is a good example of how you can play good lines without over playing your bass.
  9. ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    i actually thought that james jameron's bass would be te most sought after, followed by jaco's. Very, very interesting, but somehow i don't think that any of them would show up in Australia... then again, you just never know :eek:
  10. Nice!!!

But where is Berry Oakley's TRACTOR????
  11. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I think they made a mistake in the Jamerson one too. They talk about the hook. But say it was his signature two finger style. Didnt the hook actually refer to his ONE finger style?
  12. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    In fact, the Hook is how he named his index finger.
  13. Luckydog

Luckydog Supporting Member

Dec 25, 1999
    I think I recall reading that Berry's son has the tractor. He loaned it to (Fender?) to have a copy made.
  14. Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    Good ol' Paul McCartney, ever the modest guy...

Feeling that he was "too much of an amateur" to play the Precision Bass which he considered the "Elite players' bass"

Good ol' Macca... :)
  15. I've seen that bass at the Rock Hall of Fame museum and it's definately SMASHED! It's really cool to have seen it in person.

16. Can the Fender Custom show make one for me???

17. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Yes, Berry Oakley Jr. owns his dad's Tractor Bass.

I remember a few years ago when Fender CS reported borrowing it to make a clone.
  18. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    right and for that reason,this bass is not one of the most wanted,because everybody knows who has the bass and where.