Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey BassSaxMan...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bonzai, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Bonzai

Bonzai

Dec 6, 2002
    Could you give us the specs on that beautiful Fodera fretless of yours. What woods did you use on that bass? Congratulations on one sweet instrument:D

2. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Hey there-
    Let's see...the rundown on the bass:

-Monarch 6 string
    -Mahogany body
    -Flame maple tone block
    -3 piece maple neck
    -Madagascar Kingwood fretboard
    -Seymour Duncan dual coil pickups w/cocobolo covers
    -Buckeye Burl top
    -35 inch scale

It is the ONLY monarch 6 fretless Fodera has ever built (now don't get any ideas people! I like being the only one ;) ) and they are quite proud of it. Joey talks about it with pride. The best part is I bought it from Peter Erskine's nephew (those who know who he was will know why that is cool). Anything else you would like to know? I have a few pics posted at the yahoo fodera group and even more saved on my hard drive. Thanks for the compliments!

3. Bonzai

Bonzai

Dec 6, 2002
    Thanks for the quick reply! The only one made wow....that is something to be proud of. Yeah some more pics would be great. One of the back of the bass would be nice to have. Of course feel free to attach as many as you would like:p

(Thinks to self)Time to call Joey and Vinnie and tell them to make a #2:D

4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Argh bonzai dont you dare!

Here is a pic of the back. I would post more here but they are also in the yahoo group and I don't want to waste too much bandwith here when the stuff is already available elsewhere. Where did you see it intially?

5. Bonzai

Bonzai

Dec 6, 2002
    Wow her back is almost as stunning as her front:D

I saw it in the prettiest bass thread. And from what I've seen, it was the prettiest bass.

Would a Emperor Elite 6 be comparable in looks to your Monarch? I love the look of that bass but I'm willing to abide by your request to subside from calling:p

But you never said nothing about not using the same woods:D

BTW, what is the url to the yahoo group with your pics on it??

Thanks for your help!

6. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

here is the URL:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/foderabassguitars/

Yeah I don't care if you get another fretless like mine. You can obviously do what you wish, it's just always cool to come up with your own thing. ;) I won't be able to say I have the only one of its kind though. :mad:

Oh yeah, you have to join the Yahoo group to see the pictures but its easy and not that big a deal.

7. Bonzai

Bonzai

Dec 6, 2002
    I agree. Thanks for all your help. Ok, I'll change it just a smidgin:D