Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey BCook and A&M fans....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ty McNeely, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Typical Aggie right here :D

[​IMG]

Aggies fan makes big impression on opponents
    Web Posted: 01/21/2005 12:00 AM CST

Brent Zwerneman
    Express-News Staff Writer

COLLEGE STATION – Oklahoma forward Kevin Bookout lined up for a free throw on Tuesday night at Texas A&M – and grimaced. The Jiggler had claimed yet another victim in Reed Arena.

(William Luther / Express-News)

Texas A&M basketball fan Nathaniel Cooper.

“That dude was huge,” said Bookout of shirtless A&M fan Nathaniel Cooper, who tips the scales at a gravity-challenged 310 pounds. “He started shaking and I went, ‘Ugh!’ He was just going nuts.”

Cooper, who at least offers the formality of a bow tie with his eye-catching ensemble, typically lines up behind the opponent’s basket and quivers, shivers and gyrates during free throws – effectively shaking his moneymakers. His efforts have earned him such nicknames as The Jiggler, Jiggly Puff, Fat Shaker and the Fightin’ Texas Aggie Belly Dancer.

“People tell me all of the time they love what I’m doing,” Cooper said.

Well, most, anyway. Cooper said one A&M fan kindly asked that he please, please re-robe.

“He was an Old Ag who graduated in like 1945,” Cooper said.

One Internet poster wittily dubbed Cooper’s act as “one big wardrobe malfunction.”

The A&M basketball team, however, has presented Cooper, a senior sociology major from Copperas Cove, a pair of Aggies shorts and shoes for his, um, services. A&M officials said they briefly discussed asking Cooper to keep his shirt on, but then reasoned that fans show up with painted bare chests and such all of the time at a variety of sporting events.

“Some people are ashamed of their bodies,” Cooper said. “But I figure that God gave me this body and this personality, so I’d go out and have fun with it.”

And that attitude has even earned the admiration of Bookout, a standout player for the Sooners.

“That’s courageous, for him to take his shirt off like that,” Bookout said. “I’m a big boy, too, and I wouldn’t have the courage to do that in front of all of those people.”

2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Good gravy....

Well, good for him.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Makes me proud to be an Aggie. I've been wondering why our basketball team is so much better this year.

brad cook

4. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

Wait 'til ya'll meet up wit' da' Bears. It's gonna be a good game either way.

As we speak we have a 7'0 center from Senegal on an airplane coming to BU. He should be playing within the next 2 weeks.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Meh..that's not good. Here's to hoping he's a failure. :smug:

brad cook

6. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

Rated the number 1 NBA prospect out of Africa, and would be a top 40 player if (when ;) ) he plays college ball in the US.

Can't wait for complete destruction :D

BTW, Brad and all other Central Texas TB'ers, be watching FSN tomorrow for the Lady Bears---and me! :D Me and ten fellow Bears will have an entire row at the Longhorn Arena, armed with numerous signs and---BROOMS (for the sweep;) ).

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

You gonna be wearing your TB shirt or beanie? How about a sign with a reference to TB?

-Mike

8. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

lol. I'll see what I can come up with. We're not drawing up the signs until in the morning (more females with nice writing around;) ), so I'll try and think of something. I don't have a TB shirt or beanie or I might wear it. Just look for a row of rowdy Baylor kids with signs amongst all of that putrid orange. I'll be wearing a green Baylor shirt that says "Sic'Em" in big yellow letters on the front of it.

9. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    I am taking some inspiration from TB to the games though....

one of my signs will involve the use of the ">" sign.

Example:

Mulk > Conradt

Don't know who started that, but I've seen it here a lot and it inspired me :D

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah...that's not good.

If I only had cable.

brad cook

11. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Most pitiful game I have ever seen in my entire life. Go up by 4 at the half only to lose by 14 at the end because of hideous play.

I love my Lady Bears, but that was pitiful.

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

Texas A&M 74
    Baylor 62

Did that 7 foot African guy get rerouted to Duke or something? :D

brad cook

13. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

He got here Tuesday night. He'll most likely be redshirted this year.

Check this out: http://probasketball.about.com/od/nbadraft/l/bl_mockdraft_c.htm

Take a gander at #11 on that list ;)

I'm not disappointed in the Bear's performance today at all. We lost both of our big men with 6 minutes left in the 2nd period, and at that point the biggest guy on the court was 6'6.

Considering the fact that we have NO seniors who actually play, one scholarship player returning from last year's squad, and are the most inexperienced team in the nation who plays only 7 men, with the 5 starters each getting more than 30 minutes per game, I don't see HOW we can be disappointed with the performance today. Considering the fact that a little over 2 years ago we lost our entire team and had to start rebuilding, I think we did pretty dang good.

Ags better watch out when they come to Ferrell though---I guarantee it'll be a battle.

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Dude...none of that impresses me. You know why? We're the Aggies! We've always SUCKED at basketball. This year we have more wins than we've ever had in school history and we just really don't have all that much talent on our team compared to Texas or Kansas. :spit: Our team is maybe 20% talent and 80% scrappiness.

brad cook

15. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

Yeah, this is true. You have always sucked :D

Obviously the suckage of your basketball team is rubbing off on other sports too.....35-34 :D

FYI---right before the half yesterday, Baylor hit a jumper making the score 35-34. You could hear the handful of Baylor fans that were there screaming over the Aggie fans. Absolutely glorious :D

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    If you really, really wanna dredge up the past we can go take a look at the overall record of Baylor vs. A&M football games.

Otherwise.... Texas A&M 74, Baylor 62.

:D

brad cook