Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey Bluegrass Pickers out there!!

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by Jim Ingraham, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Jim Ingraham

Jim Ingraham

Nov 14, 2002
    Shillington
    Need help with a name:
    Our bluegrass "band" (in reality just a weekly jam session) has taken to buskering bars lately. We figure we're going to play anyway, why not crash a little friendly country bar, unpack and play. We invariably end up with free drinks, usually food and sometimes even gas money home. Plus a captive audience :ninja:

We've been doing this a couple months now, having a real ball doing it, and are actually starting to attract fans... which brings me to the question. People ask us our name so we usualy ad lib a new one each time we play. Some of my favorites so far:

Luke Warm and the Redhots (Lukes our fiddler)

Big Dick and the Little Pricks (Dick is our elderly banjo player and is a little uncomfortable with this one. Crowd loves it though)

Bloody Spring Ramblers (Bloody Spring being the historic site of an old indian massacre... where we practice)

Smokin Grass ( Turns out this ones been done a lot)

Any other ideas welcome......

2. Joe Banana and His Bunch......Music with a peel.

3. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Well it's always good to toss in a geographical name: hills, valleys, mountains, rivers, etc.

I like Bloody Spring Ramblers myself.

4. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    Excellent. I knew computer science could ultimately make everyday life easier...

5. Jim Ingraham

Jim Ingraham

Nov 14, 2002
    Shillington
    Me too...mainly because that was my idea... however i pretty much got the big Ho-Hum when i threw that idea out there :meh:

There seems to be a theme of Turtles that keeps popping up but no one has yet to put any good combinations with Turtle in it out there yet. Does the name generator have any input parameters??? :D

6. Nope, I´m afraid it hasn´t. It generates names with certain parameters itself. BTW, it seems to be "Tuners", not "Turtles".
    :D

R2

7. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    For some reason, many of my favorite bluegrass band names are food-related: "The Grillbillies", "Biscuit Burners", and "Flying Burrito Brothers" (even though they aren't bg).