Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hey, check out my bands new recording...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, Apr 10, 2005.

1. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    we recorded 4 songs at atomic studios in brooklyn a month or so ago and we think they came out pretty decent. we hosted on of the songs(gold) on our myspace page along with a few other songs from our previous demo release. so if you are into straight up hardcore, or just wanna check out something new, you can hear us on myspace.

www.myspace.com/flatearthsociety

hope you like it as much as we do.

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I like it, good stuff. I'll keep an eye out for more of your band.

3. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    aweosme, i will defintely keep posting more about us if people care. we have a 4 way split coming up in may with colin of arabia(ma), blood stands still(ca) and stop this fall(fl) so, when its out, i will post all the info.

hopefully with the distro we shall be getting, it should be available in most stores all over the country.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    cool, let us know and I'll look for it.

5. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Did you record with the P-bass instead of the Stingray?!

On Gold at least, sounds like you did :/

6. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    Killer stuff, if you come through the midwest, especially Iowa, get ahold of me I can give you some good venues to play at, and good bands to play with

*cough* us *cough* :D

7. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    Sounds good. A couple of the tracks remind of Bane musically... which is a very good thing.

8. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    defintely will be in touch thanks.

yes. i did record with the p-bass. it was either buy a new bass or a new amp, i could not get the right sound i wanted. one practice i had to use my mim p and sounded so perfect without even tweaking it a bit. so i figured, the amp i would want, would cost me a boat load of money. so, i got the p.

9. good drumming, you have a nice punk/metal sound. vocals remind me of Sum 41 a lot, though pretty monotonous. don't take yourselves so seriously though. and to be honest, i'm sick of all the guitarists who chug like that, it just got old long ago. really good drummer though. turn the bass up way louder. :bassist:

overall, you guys could be pretty successfull commercially.

10. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    first time i'd ever heard that. thanks, i guess.. :eyebrow: the first song is our only new song we have up there. the other three where everything sounds weak is from our 03 demo. i've heard the sum 41 reference, from a few people and i still don't get it what so ever. oh well.

btw, what makes us seem like we take ourselves too seriously?

11. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Sounds hot, if you guys are ever playing a show when I go up there to go to White Castle I'll be sure to come :0

12. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    haha awesome. we are lookiing to actually do an east coast tour soon. so, who knows, we may be playing in your area.