Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey, check out this rack!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Munjibunga, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    This is my current PA outboard effects rack. I just added the iEQ31 and the 1046.

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
  3. Here's my bass rack. Power-amp is separate.

[​IMG]

- Dave

4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I'll say it again for another cool rig:
    BTW, how do you like the Korg tuner?

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    ooo, ooo ooo i'm rigging up my rack now as i speak. gotta get some pics.

hey dave how do you like that di? i've been planning on getting one of those, what do you think of them?

6. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    :eek: Damn!

Nice racks! :smug:

7. Works great! I put off buying one of those for years but it's totally worth it. I have their hand-held version too which has served me well for over 10 years. My pre-amp has a tuner-out jack which is always connected to the tuner so I can just hit my mute footswitch on my pre-amp and go ahead and tune.

Once I have my second Echoplex, I'll have stereo looping and my rig will be complete! :D

- Dave

8. Looks expensive but what does it all do? Whatever haoppened to volume, bass, mid, treb and 10 band EQ?

9. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    I've never really understood what "looping" is, and what it does. Can someone please explain it to me? :)

10. I really like it! I use the 4 outputs to go to my recording setup and record stereo FX and stereo looped signals (once my 2nd Echoplex comes) separately so I can adjust the levels later. The unit seems very quiet and has useful features such as phase reverse, and input padding. It also has parallel outputs in back so it kinda works as a splitter too. Something else I needed. It's really inexpensive too.

- Dave

11. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Buttons!!!!!!

*goes and clicks and moves and twists and flips every button, knob, switch, and slider on munji's rack*

12. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    wow! that is awwwwwwsome! how much total by the way?

13. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Munji - big fan of the dbx and Lexicon, huh? If this is a stereo rig, which it looks to be, what is the third compressor for?
    Dave - any particular reason for the tuner being on bottom? I think that's the first time I've seen someone put it down there.

14. Yeah, the bottom of the faceplate (and the top, but less-so) sticks out farther than my other rack units. If I put it up higher, it would hang out over one of my other units which I didn't like.

- Dave

15. You can think of it as live multi-track recording. You can record a phrase and then immediately overdub a part over it. Then another part ... and if you have a good looping device like the Echoplex, you can even remove overdubs and have multiple loops and switch between them. I do extensive looping with one of my bands. Imagine a band with 5 basses. :D

Check out:

http://www.loopers-delight.com/

for more info.

- Dave

16. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    Munji - nice looking rack.
    Dave = thread stealer.

17. :ninja: I saw the title, "Hey check out this rack!" and I was expecting something different... :(

I gotta get my head out of the gutter... :scowl:

18. My bad.
    :bag:

BTW, I should have mentioned, that is a sweet rack. Nothing like the feeling of having a full rack. :D

- Dave

19. What on earth does all that stuff do?

20. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Munji nice rack. Some very tasty pieces there.

What's the deal with the EQ hump at 2.5k to 6k? Are your speakers missing some high hids?