Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MODNY, Apr 24, 2005.

1. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    i'm into effects, within reason...i already have a pedal board ( furman spb-8) and some pedals, ( line 6 echo park, ebs unichorus, emma discumbobulator, boss pw-10, boss tu-2)

i gotta a bunch of cash and i was thinking about adding the following, then tell me what u think....

boss rc-20 loop station ( up to 5 mins 33 sec of loop)
    ebs octa bass
    ebs dynaverb
    Ernie Ball volume pedal...
    boss bass synth
    morley dual wah

let me know what i think, maybe some suggestions or something..

i dont like disortion sounds really, i already have a lil bit of tha with the pw-10 (which i am trying to seLL!! ...shameless plug)

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I think those are all good pedals that can make contributions to your sound. How much you'll use them depends on what music you'll play.

For example, you might not get so much usage out of the loop station in a straight ahead rock band. Or you might, if you want to trigger samples for example. So, what music do you play and what are you looking to do to your sound?

oh, and the distortions on the pw-10 aren't so good, so maybe you just need to hear a good one :)
  3. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    the pw-10 was a gift

i'm actually looking to sell it

i dont know what a good one is

maybe like a rust-ride? or a bass dragger??

personally i wold use the loop station , i get hired for alot of jam band kinda thing gigs where i cando some pretty wicked soloes, i like using it as a practice tool aswell...inputting waslking bass lines and melodies, then i can take solo's , visa versa
  4. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Have a look for a nice fuzz pedal they tend to be very use full it seems to stay away from lead guitar solo tone. Depends on your needs

Check out the sites www.pedalgeek.com & www.musictoyz.com

The rc-20 is a cool looper if you need that sort of time I think it will pair well with your echo park (I have an echo park myself and love it), if you didn't have the echo park I would have recomended the dl4 which does small loops.

I hear the digitech reverb pedal is very good if you don't want to fork out so much cash for the ebs.

If your going the route of an octaver as well as David will probably tell you the best octaver he's found is the digitech BSW, which will also give you some cool synthy noises and such.

Hope this helps
  5. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    yea i was actually thinking the rc-20xl

which has 16 minutes of loop time, which is awesome!@

these are just ideas i am getting really, i mean, when it all comes down, its what sounds best with my basse and amps
  6. I have the loop station (xl) and I love it! There are lot's of applications for it in live and practive settings. Kinda $$$$$$ though. I also have the Vol pedal. I've switched exclusively to the EB's from using my volume pot on my bass live. Best Vol pedal around IMO.
  7. Oooops! I forgot to mention that I would maybe look into a wah pedal as well. I just bought a Dunlop 105Q. Sweet sound.
  8. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    You must become a supporting member before listing gear for sale on this site. - tplyons
  9. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004