1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hey Cleveland...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by McHack, Sep 22, 2006.

1. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    What's there to do in downtown Cleveland on a Monday Night?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Indians game? Are they in town?

Go find yourself some Malley's chocolate, that's a must.

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Drink Buzz Beer?

Cleveland rock!

4. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    The seminar he's going to is giving him free tix for an Indians game for Wednesday... he's staying at the Ritz, so the ballpark is RIGHT THERE....

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I just read the book "Soul of a Chef" and now I really want to go to Cleveland just to go to the restaurant Lola's. I don't know if it's still there or not, but if you're a culinary/food buff you might want to look into it.

6. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Ugh, Tool is at Cleveland State that day...

7. Obviously there's the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, but it closes at 5:30pm on Mondays.

8. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    i live right outside the city (west side). here are some suggestions

rock hall
    great lakes science museum
    cleveland botanical gardens
    i would suggest the art museum, but it's closed for renovations

for music check out ticketmaster, there are a decent amount of venues here.

what kind of stuff do you like? what do you want to do? more info, the more i can help.

9. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Thx Mark,

He's went to school at FSU, & now lives in Naples Fl... not exactly a hot bed for cool local bands.. I know its probably too much to ask for something COOL on a Monday night... Tool is playing, but were both a little short...

10. markjazzbassist

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    if you want to go out and club or party at some cool clubs or bars check out

W. 6th and W. 9th Street

That's downtown, real cool trendy area for 20 and thirty somethings.

If you like theatre, The theatre district is REALLY big and you can see broadway and off-broadway shows. the theatre district is like euclid ave. and E. 18th street area.

Next to the House of Blues is E. 4th street which has a bunch of comedy clubs (Improv, Pickwick and Frolic). you might like that.

11. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Ah, that sounds a bit more on target... thx for the input Mark

12. markjazzbassist

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    no prob. when i come down to your neck of the woods (c-bus) ill have to hit you up for some cool things down there. ive gone out in the arena district and went to a blue jackets game. columbus is a pretty cool city, REALLY clean.

13. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Sure, NP...

14. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    There's an old-fashioned movie theater down in Shaker Heights that's nice- shows lots of indie films and even serves beer and wine.

Check out if anyone is playing at Night Town that night- it's a little restaurant up in the artsy section (lots of great galleries there as well) that has lots of great jazz groups go through there. I saw Manring on a Tuesday night and just missed a Yellowjackets show there.

And you can always head up to the Flats- lots of bars and bar bands there.

15. markjazzbassist

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    +1

those are both in cleveland heights (east side). the movie theater is called Cedar Lee, they show indie and artsy films (i go there a lot), but don't know if you're into that.

as for the Flats. Alas, the East Bank is TERRIBLE. Crime out the yin-yang and no good clubs. I was hustled there one night, don't do the East bank. The West Bank is pretty decent. large clubs and strip clubs if you like that kinda thing.

But i would suggest the warehouse district if you're going bar hopping (west 6th and 9th).

16. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    If you are into Metal bands, there's Peabodys/Pirates Cove on E. 22nd. They always have metal and hard rock showcases. The Beachland Ballroom caters to more Rock n Roll and Rock-a-Billy. Don't take the busses around Cleveland. They suck. Rent a car or call a cab. haahh. East 4th and Prospect downtown is a good area. nice bars that aren't filed with junkies or weirdo's. The comedy clubs are really great...I was at Hilarities on Friday...awesome. The House of Blues doesn't show anything on thier calendar for Monday, though. Have fun!

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021