Hey combo amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xb100, Mar 24, 2004.

1. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Hey guys im new here im generally over on the dean guitar form but idecided to come here for some info because this form is strictly basses and bass equipment... anywyas my name is xb100 im 14 years old and im in 2 bands praise band for my church and another band a couple buddies of mine and i are putting together.. been playing bass for bout year and half i had played baritone and tuba for band but switched to bass guitar :cool: and hopefully going to be in jazz band next year ive got a washburn xb100 and a jackson c5a well what i would like to know is im going to be getting a new combo amp around june for my bday and ive done tons of research cause i had originally planned on getting a 2x12 cab but i decided to get a combo because easy to transport and ect... well what i wanna know is what kinda combos i should look into id like a SWR, hartke,peavey,ibanez,gallien-kruger, fender, carvin, or ashdown. ive looked into all of these companies and most of their stuff is top notch but im still un decided my price range is 300-450$ id like around 90-200 watts also... if you guys could help me out that would make my day day thx!!!
  2. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    my personal choices would either be a USED SWR workingman 12, or a new 12" tech21 landmark 60. I had a wm-10, but by itself it was not very deep and looking back I don't like the tone. the landmark 60 may not have alot of power, but with the preamp tone circuit (basically an RBI from tech21) it can sound really good and you can hook up an extra speaker in the future!