Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey Detroit TBers...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by thrash_jazz, Oct 6, 2003.

1. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I'm planning to come back to visit your fair city sometime in early-to-mid December, for a week or so.

Anyone interested in a meet up? Perhaps at the local GC, Low Down Sound, or just for a BEER?

Cheers! :)

2. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    bump

c'mon... I know some of you exist

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

By all means thrash PM me and I will get you contact numbers and we can have a 1/2 a day of it or so. PM Malthumb as well. (he has nicer gear):D

Yes, they serve beer here too.

4. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    bump

5. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Say when, say where. Thursday's and Sundays are particularly tough for me though. Check your PM.

6. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    I'd join in, but, my day job has me jumping back and forth between here (Detroit) and Pittsburgh. This has left me with little time for anything else! :meh:

7. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Unless you're a big time Fender fan. Then you'll find that I'm totally lacking ;)

Peace,

James

8. P. Aaron

Shall we co-ordinate this with Thrash then James? I have a nice Fender, so we'll be O.K.

9. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Hey guys, last weekend in Toledo I saw a pretty good cover band from Detroit called govenrment honey. Just curious if any of you guys know of them?

10. I'd be interested in joining you guys if I'm not stuck in Ann Arbor for class whenever you end up meeting...let me know; this mini-GTG sounds like a fun time.

11. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Maybe that would make the Canton GC a logical point. It's a fairly straight shot from AA, Detroit, and Northwestern suburbs (provided you have no fear of driving I-275). On the otherhand, if anybody's an east-sider or in Macomb County, Cleveland would make almost as much sense ;) .

Peace,

James

12. Don't use me as the deciding factor for location; if I've got class at the time it won't even matter if you guys are next door, I still won't be able to make it. And, if it's on a weekend, I'll almost certainly be driving home to Warren/Sterling Heights for band practice anyway, so any location works. Sooo, GC Roseville, GC Southfield, GC Canton, or Low Down Sound are all cool, you guys decide based on your locations. I'd vote for LDS because they have the best gear, but I'm not sure all four of us could fit in there at once ;) I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what everybody thinks.

BTW - fear of 275? Pssshh, I drive on it all the time! Then again, I see more accidents (and cops!) on that 5-mile stretch of 275 than I see on 50 miles of 696 or M-14, but :eek: ...eh, don't call it fear, call it healthy respect.

13. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Yo Thrash_jazz,

Any updates? Just checkin'

James

14. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Hi gang,

Just was able to book a week off, so I'll be in the area from Dec 6-Dec 13.

I'll probably be in Windsor for the first half of the week or so and in the U.S. for the second. Probably be staying in either Warren or Eastpointe, not 100% sure yet. East end for sure anyway.

The only store I've been to there before was the GC in Roseville - old drummer used to work there, so it'd be cool to see others (as well as LDS of course).

I'm easy when it comes to meeting locations... :)

15. So did this ever happen? Did I miss out?

16. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Hey Thrash, if you're gonna go to LowDown Sound, can you check out their 2x8 cab and write a little review for us? I'm dying to know how they sound. I'm contemplating getting one of those cabs. For $300, it's seems like a great deal.

17. P. Aaron

I do own a 2x10 cab with horn from LDSound. It seems just fine. I bought it with a Hartke 4000 all new. I would like a 15 just to beef up the overall sound with. Maybe soon.

But not knowing any better, I'd buy a "homemade" 15 from LDSound too. It's nicely made, and they're just down the street.

18. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    WHAZZZZ UP,

Pencil me in guys, I'd like to meet you all! GC, Low Down sound, Ann Arbor, Detroit whereever...PM me when you decide that sounds like fun!