Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey....do I have balls or what??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I'm home for a few days for spring break. I decided to shoot a few rolls of film for my photography class, so I decided I would like to shoot the photos in the glorious city of Detroit. I was going to just go alone, but my dad and uncle said they would take me. We would park in the heart of the ghetto and I would get out of the car (with my 35 mm camera with 500$ telephoto lens) and take pictures of abandoned/burt down/boarded up homes.

We also went ahead and wandered around some abandoned industeral buildings, and I almost got attacked by a stray dog. I hope my film comes out, I was very nervous in the neighborhoods I was in. I just wanted to get back in the car ASAP. When I develop and print my photos I will post them, I think I got some pretty interesting shots.

And so some of you people know.....Detroit is the worst, most depressing/decaying city in the world. I know every city has bad parts, but Detroit is different. I should get an A on my project just for having balls!

2. "Take him to Detroit!"
    "No! Not Detroit!"
    [​IMG]

3. There is a world outside America, y'know.

4. I take it you've never been to Detroit then. :p

5. I take it you've never been to Calcutta?

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    +1

7. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    India = overpopulated, Detroit = abandoned decayed ghost town!

I'm sure there are worse places in Detoit, but not in the western world.

8. What about South America? That's in the Western World.

9. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    i'm meaning U.S/Canada/Europe

10. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    You've never been to Edmonton, I take it. The low crime rate, high employment rate, great health and school systems can really be a downer sometimes. Hard to deal with at times. Scares people away. ;)

Hope those photos turn out well. What camera are you using?

11. Hmmmph. So, are you going to use these photos to help mobalize/energize people into taking action and helping rectify these problems, or are you just doing this to show off the size of your testicles? Because if it's the latter you are after, I know a bar of Marines that you can go insult, without humiliating the people involved with those pictures.

But, if it's the former you are after, kudos to you!! Forcing people to see the underside of our Utopia may eventually cause people to try and fix it. Way to go!!

Rock on
    Eric

12. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    It doesn't take huge testicles go step out of your car in the ghetto. It does take huge testicles to live there for a year. Interested in trying that sometime?

13. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    Get the movie "City of God" and observe what a ghetto can look like. It is a true story.

I drove through Flint, Michigan years ago just to see what it really was like.

14. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hmph. the calcutta tigers have been doing a lot better than those of detroit. :eyebrow:

15. Damn John, that made me fall out of my chair laughing!!:D:D:D:D

Rock on
    Eric

16. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Social and political issues aside, I have a photography hobby so I'm surious. Did you use colour film or Black & white? I find B&W works very well for these sorts of shots. Actually if also works well for weddings - the irony is not lost on me:)

I'd love to see those pics. Bring em on!

17. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    No, not any more. Not since late December 26th.

18. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Whatever. Your average white, upper class, yuppy town/suburb is as bad as it can possibly get. shhheeeeeshhh!!! :eek: :eek: Those people!!!!!! :bag:

19. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Actually, i'm going to use the photos for a grade in my photography class. Why else did you think I went down there?

20. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Black and white. I actually prefer black and white over color in many situations. It has a certain "look" to it that always seems to work.