Hey EBay Veterans...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by McHack, Dec 23, 2005.

1. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I bid on, & won an item from EBay... Since I've won, I've left several messages to the seller, trying to coordinate payment & shipment. However, once I won, he stopped communicating. Granted, its only been 2 days since I won.... and it IS the Holiday season... But, at what point can I, or should I write this off & try a different source of said item?
  2. Keep trying - and see if there's a phone number.
    Whatever you do - DON'T pay unless everything is sorted.
    Also - if you buy another one, and don't pay for this one - the seller may give you a negative when they eventually come around.

I personally refuse to send money over until I have ALL the other partys' details; (A lot of these details you'll get from paypal too)
    Full name, home address, phone number AND mobile number, any email addresses other then eBay and whatever else you can think of. If there are any issues (rip off etc), it's nice to be able to have all those details so you can hand them over to the POLICE! :mad:

Saying that - most people I've dealt with are cool, chances are they're just working/partying hard and haven't had time.
  3. Its been 2 days, and is the holiday season, wait for a decent reply before paying, but i dont think theres anything bad going down here, people can get very busy very easily over this time :)
  4. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I'd give it until next week before you start getting concerned. I do prefer it if the seller is very prompt, getting back to me within atleast 48 hours but sometimes it doesn't happen, especially with the holiday, as said above. But, seeing as you haven't paid yet, if he doesn't respond, he's really the only one losing. You might not get what you wanted, but atleast you don't lose your money. Just make sure that you try and save outgoing emails or make note of when they were sent just in case the seller leaves negative feedback saying that you never paid.

As for getting all the seller's information, sometimes that's just not possible if they want payment immediately.
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah, although transactions are often completed instantaneously on Ebay these days 2 days really isn't long at all.

brad cook
  6. bassist4christ

bassist4christ Banned

May 26, 2005
    Two days isn't bad I would gove it like 10 days than report it as not recieved
  7. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Did you click on the "pay now" button?
  8. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I'd give it until after Christmas for a response. It does tend to get hectic now. They might have gone out of town for the weekend. That would be really irresponsible of them as a seller, though. Especially, considering that you can choose how long to run an auction for. If the person was going to be busy during the holidays (too busy for a 30 second e-mail)...then they should have waited to put the item up for bid until after the holidays. In these times waiting for an hour for an e-mail is like an eternity! I check my e-mail about 3 times a day...when I'm not selling or buying items on Ebay! All this is speculation, though. They might be dead on the roadside or some other tagedy that was unforseen. I'm glad that you haven't paid yet...you'll only be disappointed instead of ripped off! ;)
  9. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!

Its all good... I'm just a little hesitant to pay, until AFTER I get some sort of meaningful communication between the seller & myself. Things sorted themselves out yesterday & UPS should deliver said item today,,, according the tracking number! WOOT!