Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey Eden Guy's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gbenner, Mar 29, 2004.

1. gbenner

gbenner

May 20, 2001
    ocean, new jersey
    I just won a 5 year old WT500, 18 months ago it was upgraded to a WT800. Time to retire my Carvin R600 and Sansamp. :p

Has anyone found a preamp tube they like better in there Eden. Im sure I'll need to replace it. The ones from Eden are pretty cheep, like 15 bucks each.

Also do most of you leave the EQ flat, and use the enhance control for your sound. I just picked up a new Ric 4003 a few months ago, I use Pyramid flats. I like a warm, fat but punchy tone. Im just curious what you guys do. I've read most of the older posts, and it looks like most guy's EQ buy just using the enhance control. Thanks for any idea's or input. The problem with buying off E-Bay is you have to wait to get it.

George

2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I use very little of the enhance control and never dial past 9:00.
    I run the eq flat with the exception of a boost around 800hz.

I think the enhance knob may be more useful if you are solo. These types of knobs typically scoop the mids and I'm a firm believer of some mid presence as well as a mid boost at certain frequencies when playing with a band.

3. I was watching that auction. I didn't pursue it since i am so broke. Congrats on the score!

4. gbenner

gbenner

May 20, 2001
    ocean, new jersey
    Thanks for the reply's, I can't wait to get it. Any thoughts on the pre-amp tube. I guess most people are leaving it stock.

George

5. I have a Groove Tube in mine. It gives it a nice warm tone. Maybe it runs hotter than the stock tube. ;-)

As for price, I think you can find a lot of new 12AX7's out there for a lot less than $15. I scored 3 of them on ebay for about $10. Haven't tried em all yet, the GT is pretty nice.

BT

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I prefer the 7025 that comes with it. Seems to have a little more gain. Eden's shipping Rubys now, apparently. Save yourself $7.50 and buy one from Guitar Barn or something.