Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey everyone, BTB 5 string FOR $479.00 !!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Michael Jewels, Jan 4, 2002.

1. Hey everybody, I just got the latest Musiciansfriend catalog, and they're selling BTB405QMs in purple only for $479.00 for a limited time. The black ones are still at the regular price of $594.00

Go get one! www.musiciansfriend.com

Mike J.

2. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
  3. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    here some pics I just did 5 minutes ago ...
    Enjoy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. dastards. It would have been cheaper for me to buy mine from the US and ship it to the UK at that price. Ah well, i've had it two months longer i suppose.

sim

5. Godverdomme, 499 € , da's wel erg goedkoop hé ...
    ik heb de mijne nog geen maand, voor zo'n 670€ (btw incl.) :eek: :eek:

let's translate this:

Goddamnit, 499 €, that's very cheap man, I bought mine not a month ago for about 670 € (taxes included) :eek: :eek:

6. They also have a EDB500 for $299, which is DAMN cheap for an Ergodyne, even the EDB series.

Rock on
    Eric

7. they also got Yamaha bbg4 and g5's for 299 i think its for both....i know def its for the 5.

8. Oh geeze, I don't know if I can live with purple..

For 479? Yes, maybe I can..

::Thinks "amp" .... "amp"::

Resisting urge to buy bass.....

9. where the hell did they have blue BTB405qm's ..never heard of or seen them..I like that color a lot ...thought they were only black and purple
    I just got mine in black about 3 weeks ago for $550 tax included.

10. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Im thinking about picking up the btb and an sr405 just because of the prices.

The BTB's arent all that bad of a bass,Especially for that price. Im just gonna swap out the etronics and pickups and itll sound even better.

11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    im not fan of that color (purple) but if you dont care then you have yourself a great deal.

12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Actually, the electronics aren't bad at all, you may like them so much that you wind up not changing them. They blow away the Soundgear and Ergodyne electronics IMHO.

13. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    that's true embellisher, but with a pair of Barts and a better praemp such as Bart or U-retro the bass will be even better. i came close buying one, but i didn't feel really confortable with the neck. i'm used to bigger necks and i was so fool to sell a Czech Spector that i loved...

14. Jodaka

Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    i like the blue better, as well, but that's not a bad price. the blue is available in europe. socalpyropunk, go to the ibanez site, and select uk for your country to see the blue one...

15. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    i wanted a blue so bad... not in USA :(

16. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    your right, the electronics arent that bad, but id still put a different preamp/pickups in her somewhere down the road. They do have a pretty good tone as is, but i know that i could make it sound alot better with a new preamp and pickups.

I totally agree with you about them blowing away the Soundgears and Ergodynes. Better tone, better etronics, pickups, looks, and especially a better B string.