1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hey everyone -cool Forum

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Honk'n_down-low, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Hi everyone - just starting to return to playing after a 15 year absence. Played in Cover and Original Rock bands throughout the 80's and early 90's. Went back to school got a pretty good job and started a family.

Well, some old band members have sufficiently harassed me into playing again. I just bought a B-DEC to start up again and see if I can muster some chops. I played a 65 Fender Jazz when I was playing actively, also owned a G&L, 60's PBass, late 60's Jazz, and a Metallic Purple Fernandes Tele Bass with P and J pickups :D. I kept the 65 Jazz and a Squire Jazz with EMG's. Also have one of the very first GK800RB < when these Amps were da Bomb. Great site - tons of good info that was not around when I was playing. Nice to have such an active community of Bassists.

2. :D
    Good to hear you kept at least some of your stuff, particularly the 65 J. And some still consider GK 800 cool(I'd like to try one on for size myself). Use the search function & watch for flying smartass sarcasm. :)

3. The GK has served me well and has been reliable - when they cam e out they were the rage - I played this one through dual JBL 15's and it sounded sweet - used to preamp with a Bass RockMan and got a great sound.