Hey everyone!!

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Rob Sleeper, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Rob Sleeper

Rob Sleeper

Oct 13, 2005
    Hey everyone,
    Just introducing myself. I am 16 years old and want to become a professional orchestral bassist. I currently study with Michael Hovnanian- Chicago Symphony member. I am in love with the bass and like I said DEEPLY want to make it as an orchestral bassist.
  2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
  3. cabin dweller

cabin dweller Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2004
    Ridgeland, WI
    Be carefull, the love for a ur bass is worse than a bad drug.
  4. Very cool!

I wish I'd known what the hell I wanted to do with my life when I was 16. I'm 43 and still haven't figured it out.
  5. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Whatever you do, stick with it! I wasted my musical opportunities when I was in school and have regreted it ever since. It sounds like you are on the right track. Welcome to TB. The message board, not the disease.
  6. Rob Sleeper

Rob Sleeper

Oct 13, 2005
    Happy to be apart of this happy little forum.
  7. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    Just remember.....in addition to the great wealth of information by REALLY qualified people, you'll also hear alot of differing opinions on music and a whole assortment of other topics. Sometimes it may be expressed in a seemingly abrasive tone. Try not to take it personally cause at the end of the day, people just want to be helpful. Welcome.
  8. Well, Rob, my man...you've already won some fans. The fact that you sound like you really know what you want in your musical future is very, very refreshing here.
    To speed up your journey, dig around at much as you can stand in the Search areas, as well as ALL the NewBies Links at the top of most forum headings....you'll love it. :hyper:
  9. Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    Welcome Rob, good luck, wear clean socks and don't eat your rosin [yep one of the many things you can learned here.
  10. bluegreenturtle

Mar 15, 2003

if you can't eat your rosin then what is there to do in symphony rehearsals...
  11. Rob Sleeper

Rob Sleeper

Oct 13, 2005
    Twidle your thumbs? Maybe
  12. Ben Joella

Ben Joella

May 31, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    you could always just apply more rosin every 5 min or so, regardless of whether you were actually playing or not :)
  13. By the way, if you really want to be one of the gang....please complete your profile...just double click on your name and follow directions.
  14. Click on your name, then Public Profile and then My talk bass then edit public profile.....or really easy, just click on My Talk Bass at the top of each forum page.
    (it's a helluva lot easier than i'm making it.)
  15. Rob Sleeper

Rob Sleeper

Oct 13, 2005
    Yea my profile is updated.
  16. ganga

Jul 14, 2005
    That is what's keeping you alive, Mike. That eternal question we all have.