Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey, film directors!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Okay, odd question. I'm taking a film making class next term, and want to get a head start on my project. I want to do a music video for a Metallica song (yes I know, shut up) specifically the song Desposable Heros. Now, I do have access to a few AK-47s and AR-15s, and several friends are will to crawl around in the mud in camo to be on film. What I need, though are what are known as Full Flash Blanks. These are blanks that have enough power behind them to full work the gun, plus put out enough of a muzzle flash to look kinda like the real thing. I called around to a couple of camera and film stores here in the Portland area, but they were no help.

Anyone have any ideas as to where I should start looking? I tried doing a Google search, but came up pretty empty. I know they exist, since Robert Rodriguez talks about them in his book, and it's what pretty much all film makers use during gun fights.

If you give something that I can use, you can be in my movie. But I can't afford to fly you out here, or put you up in a hotel. Or pay for your food. And you won't have any speaking lines, since it's all going to be music. And you will get muddy, wet, cold and probably tired, and have me yelling at you that you don't look muddy, wet, cold and tired enough.:D

Rock on
    Eric

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Just remeber "star swipe." :D

I'm considering trying film out as a major, I never did anything military themed though. BEWARE, they can be really cheesy, (see Primus "Too Many Puppies" video) Good luck.

I'd be in the video, but according to your location: I'm bad at math.

3. Well, according to mapquest, you would have to drive for 38 hours and 13 minutes, for a total distance of 2555.21 miles.

I can get you directions, if you want. But for some reason it wants to to end up on a street about 3 miles from where I live. Very confusing.

And you STILL haven't told me where I can get blanks.

Rock on
    Eric

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
  5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Uhm, I'm sorry, but I'm an indie film superstar, I've starred in/composed for about 10 films. My skills are highly... good.

6. I thought you sucked.

:D

Rock on
    Eric

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    That is my art... and art is subjective. And I swear, in some of the indie films I've seen... bad = good.

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    yes... BE CAREFUL!