1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hey from old fart new player in Kansas

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by cazksbass, May 10, 2010.

1. Currently living in Overland Park Kansas - formerly from Prescott Valley Arizona. Been playing bass for 25 years. Unfortunately due to extreme laziness and a good ear I've been getting by in classic rock bands, blues bands and country style bands by picking out my parts from CD's and never having a clue how music works. Now I decided to quit screwing around and get to the nitty gritty - theory. Found a good teacher and I'm learning modes, scales, etc. OMG, I should have learned this stuff 40 years ago when I played guitar. Damn! But it's pretty fun and is helping my playing immensely.

Oh yeah - I play a Fender Roscoe Beck 5'er, strung with TI jazzflats, into an Ampeg B-50R for practice and an Ampeg B-100R for gigging. I used to play a Dingwall Afterburner II into an Ampeg SVP-Pro preamp into a Mackie 1200 into Edens. CHOCOLATE! But it just doesn't fit my style anymore. I'm more neanderthal now - I'd rather just hit bottom and stay there.

Some of you may remember me from the other board, the one that was called "the Pit". I was cazbass.

Thanks,
    Doug in Overland Park