1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hey, Gard, Ya seen this one yet?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dryheatbob, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Thought this would put a smile on your face.

:D
    Bob

2. :D from ear to ear.

The last one...heh...

3. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    That last catch was amazing.

4. No doubt. That second one coulda had some serious ramdupifications if his timing was a wee bit off.

Ouch.

Bob

5. holy hell. all of those fantasy videos are nuts.

6. Those are all the work of CGI. None of those ads are real.

7. i dont believe you.

8. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

... bogus .

:bag:

9. Why wouldn't you believe that? None of those are possible. You probably also believe the Vick and LeBron commercials where they are throwing the football the length of the field or making baskets from 3/4 court one after another, don't you?

10. nope, ive never seen those commercials.

11. I watched the last catch over and over. If that was CGI, then the CGI artist is as good as Marques looks making the catch.

I don't know about the behind the back catch, but the one hand from the side catch, that one looked for-real.

12. JNowiski

JNowiski

Jan 16, 2006
    Fayetteville/NC
    what about the dude kicking the balls and hitting the posts?

13. Haven't seen it. However, does the ball leave the shot at any time?

The thing with the Colston ad is that you see the ball and the hand at the same time, he CATCHES it in frame. If that's been CGI'd, then it is utterly amazing work.

I'm betting he caught it, the dude does have incredible hands. How he slipped to the 7th round of the draft is beyond my ability to comprehend.

14. JNowiski

JNowiski

Jan 16, 2006
    Fayetteville/NC
    it might, but its pretty hard to believe he could do it. he basically said, i'm gonna kick these two balls and hit the left post, then i'm gonna kick these two balls and hit the right post. i think it does go out of frame right after he kicks it, cause the height.

15. It's possible that he did catch that one.

All the other commercials in the series are clearly CGI, so I would assume that one is as well.