Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey Gard!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Dec 18, 2001.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    When are you guys gonna post the Skylines?

2. The day Bass Central finally does away with those cruddy Spectors with those cruddy necks. That is first on the agenda for Gard and Bass Central. No one should deal basses that suck so badly. Then, the posting of the God of all basses, the Lakland Skyline will be posted soon after.
    Bass Central must do away with those evil SOB basses first!!!

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
  4. :confused:
    Ohh juicy, I want to know more...

5. Gard,
    I am not that person, however, I suggested to that person that Bass Central was the place to mail order a Spector. I already own 3 and don't need anymore. Iwas e-mailed fro that person and told that you suggested that the necks on the Czech Spectors sucked and suggested to him some other basses. I was shocked and disappointed to say the least. I was mis-informed then my apologies.

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    SpankBass, you've been a bad bassist!

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    First, Warwicknut: The Skyline pics are taken, hopefully will be up on the website by the end of the week.

Second, Mr. Dead: I apologize for my knee-jerk reaction. I'm under a bit of stress, and have the flu on top of it. Bass Central is proud, as I myself am, to be a Spector dealer. We certainly have no intention of ever not carrying the basses, and consider them to be among the elite of basses.

Further, I never said the things I've been accused of saying by this nebulous "person". If I remember him correctly (and I've got a fairly good memory), he called a couple weeks ago and asked about the Spectors. I asked him if he'd played one, he told me no. I then asked him if he'd played a Warwick, as they have very similar necks, again he said no. I then started to try to describe the necks "from scratch". This is probably where things got confused.

My typical description of the Spector neck is "Very rounded, deep. Imagine taking a baseball bat and sawing it in half". In no way do I intend that to be a slight against the neck, it's just a fairly easy to understand and accurate description of the feel. He seemed concerned by that, so I told him about a few other basses, to give him some different options feel-wise.

I certainly NEVER said the word "suck" at anytime. This person has now told Stuart Spector that I said the necks "suck". Needless to say, it is causing some trouble (Stuart is rightfully peeved about it).
    :( Hopefully, the situation will be resolved soon.

Spank Bass, that's it. Sorry it wasn't more juicy than that :p

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Hey man, thanks. I hope everything gets worked out. I've been the victim of erroneous hearsay, and it's a crappy feeling. Good luck.

9. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Thanks W, I'm sure all will be well eventually. Most likely a simple misunderstanding. Damned irritating one though, and no fun with a 100+ fever, sore throat, and runny nose! :p

10. Gman

Gman

Jan 4, 2000
    Indianapolis, IN
    As someone whom has personally spoken with Gard, and spent a good portion of a years pay with him, I can attest to his proffesionalism. Can't imagine Gard or ANYBODY that works for Beaver saying anything out of line in any way. I have heard the wrath of Beaver over the phone. :eek:

Hey Gard... I'll "go to bat" for ya. :D

Dave

11. Shumph

Shumph

Aug 25, 2001
    On the move
    why would anyone trying to sell somthing say they suck? That would be asinine.

Having delt with Gard twice with purchases at BC I am quite sure he was being helpful and proffesional the whole time. Some cutomers OTOH can be real asses, I know I have a few ahole customers of my own.

BTW Gard thanks for selling me that sucky metro :D

hope you feel better

S

12. What no naked pictures of you and Stuart's wife? No assasain plot? What kinda of story is this?!? Now if the next reply doesn't have anything to do with adultry or assasination, I'm gonna click the "Unsubscribe" button!!

:D

13. The real secret is that Gard is sleeping around with Spector Basses, and Mr. Spector is going to strangle him with their G-strings.. Happy SpankBass? :D

14. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    By the way Gard, I am gonna be contacting you guys in the very near future about buying one of them sucky Spector basses (NS5CRFM).

15. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    G-man, Shumph, thanks alot. It's good to have y'all step up to the plate for me. :D

Spank and HWK, I hope you'll understand that I'm not gonna banter about this stuff. :eek: I'm already on Stu's bad side, don't want to go further in that direction.

Ryan, I look forward to helping you pick out a NSCR5FM. We have a couple nice ones in stock now, and ordering one is a pretty painless experience if we don't have the color or options you're looking for.

You guys are the bestest!!!!

16. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Gard,

Im really sorry to hear this crap had to happen to you mi amigo, Ive never purchased a bass from you, but I can say from meeting you that your a stand up guy, and after all the chats we've had, I just know you better than to say anything outright sucks like that.

17. stroy05

stroy05 Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Fodera Basses, Noble Amps, Aguilar Amps, JHAudio Inears
    Gard,

Hey man. The 55-02 is on the way....should recieve it on friday. I just recieved pics of it this afternoon and it is beautiful. Now all i have to do is add the pickguard on it and then it will look killer.

By the way what string are on it?

Thanks again and great doing business with you!

18. Sorry Gard, didn't want to stir it up anymore, just being a smart ass in response to what Spank said.. I can understand how something like this happening would really suck :( I hope it all turns out well.. I'd think that anyone who really knew anything about basses would realize that describing a neck as "the better half of a baseball bat" wasn't really a bad thing, just a fitting description.. Too bad the guy had to go and tell Mr. Spector that you were bad mouthing his work...

just rambling,

:(

Sorry again.

19. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Stroy - Glad the bass got out today, sorry I wasn't in to finish the deal. Literally felt like ca-ca :(. By the way, I set that pickguard on it to see how it looked - you're right, it looks great with the black against the natural finish. I think you're gonna love the bass, but let me know what you think. I'm not 100% certain on the strings, but I'd guess they're Lakland's strings. The B was taperwound and strung through the body. (Just in case anyone's interested, this IS very much on topic...this thread started out as one on the Skylines before it was hi-jacked for another purpose).

HWK - No harm, usually I'd be right in there playing along! But given the gravity of the accusation against me here, I'm staying serious on this topic.

20. Hi Gard, Marty here. I'm coming to the US East Coast next June, and hopefully may divert to Fla. If so I'll come and say hi. Still love your Eub?