Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HEY!!! Give me links to your TB thread with pics of your process

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Basschair, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    If you've ever started a thread that included multiple pics of your bassmaking process, respond to this with the link. I'd like to add a section to the FAQ with links to basses in the midst of being made, for those newer builders who are a little more visually-oriented.

thanks!

-bc-

EDIT: I've got some up, labeled "pictorials," above the finishes section. Take a look...

2. Rodent

Rodent Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Regenerate Guitar Works
    I have another Warmoth project about to begin. Tell ya what, I'll document it from the very start to final completion with images and type. I'll take the approach of making a tutorial at a level that would be useful for someone who has never assembled a parts bass before.

When I have it completed I'll post it to TB in several segments within a single thread - waiting to post it until I have the documentation completed should help the thread continuity, as there won't be replies between each follow-on.

Would it also be good for a segment on the thought process on specifying the parts to be ordered, and also a segment on inspecting the parts when they arrive? Anything specific you'd like to see documented?

The order goes out to Warmoth next week, so my womb to tomb thread is several weeks away from posting.

All the best,

R

3. Basschair

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    That would be stinkin' great! Any commentary you'd include would be well-appreciated, including comments on part selection. Keep me posted, and I'll link to it once it's up.

Thanks!

paul

4. Basschair

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
  5. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Formerly the owner/builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
  6. Basschair

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Thanks Budman and Dirk: they're on there!

7. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal