Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey GK 700/1001/Neo cab owners

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Doug Parent, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Any of you use the internal passive cross-over in your Neo cab or do you prefer to use the bi-amp feature?
    I recently tried the fullrange setting on the cab (utilizing the internal cross-over) and it was definitly brighter, more aggresive compared to the bi-amp mode. Opinions?

2. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    When I first got my Neo 112, I tried it both ways and preferred using the bi-amp feature. I thought the sound had better "balance," for lack of a better word, and maybe more clarity, but the difference was subtle. If nothing else, I prefer being able to adjust the tweeter volume from the head's front panel.

3. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    I've tried my 700RB head both ways (although not with a Neo cab) and preferred sending full range from the amp to the cab. The full range method seemed a bit more lively, plus on the older 700RB, it added some hiss to use the crossover and even more to use the woofer rolloff button.

The GK goal is to provide a sound with overdriven woofer and clean tweeter. If you're already trying for a clean sound, it's just one more thing to pay attention to tweaking.