Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey Guys: "Are you in Trouble Now thread".

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Dec 19, 2003.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I mean what are you getteing Her for the holiday? Have you picked it out yet, or still going ..."duh, how many days left?"

My wife is the most selfless and giving person I know. I'm scrambling here at the last minute, I now know what, it's just now just a matter of getting it in time. Discreetly. I'm going for the Rock! We've been maried 11 years, I've got to thank her somehow. Besides...y'know that other way.;)

How about y'all?

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

She doesn't know it's really for me....but I thank her as you do your sweetie.

[​IMG]

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    eh... i already got and gave it to her....

i got her a body wash pack from hot topic that had little fairy things and had a vanilla type scent... and some lotion/bodyspray/wash stuff from victorias secret.... and i gave it to her yesterday cause she left for hawaii today... sadness.

4. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Yeah, I've been wondering that. I'm still "going ...duh, how many days left?"
    I asked her what she wanted and she actually told be she loves diamonds... ugghhhhh can you believe that? She's knows my budget won't allow that... and the gold digger sirens that went off were deafening! I should probably just run...

I hear ya brother, I'm with ya...

great, this will be good. I need to know a good gift for 'her'
    DOH! You're no help at all!

:p ;)

-------------------------------------------------

Yes, she does. :D

5. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    A day at the Spa. A day of beauty and comfort. Your return will be 5 to 8 fold. Trust me on this one.
    spafinder

6. Yep, that's my old standby when I can't think of anything else. There are some great spas in Atlanta, and that is one gift my wife really appreciates. It's like a mini-vacation, she says.
    I'm getting her a spa gift certificate for her birthday, which is January 9. For Xmas, I'm getting her a PDA. She is serially disorganized and has about five different address/phone/contact books which she can never find. So, now she'll have one PDA she can never find!

7. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD

Genius!!!! :D

8. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Ok, fill me in on the spa. How long does it usually take? How much do you usually pay?
    Thanks

9. For the nicest spa in Atlanta -- at least, the nicest one I know of -- it's about $200 for a "half-day", which includes various facial and skin treatments, massage, manicure, pedicure, and lunch. Lasts about five hours. But, that's just one spa where I live. Call some spas in your area and they'll give you the lowdown.

10. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

...sounds like I'm looking for the not-so-nicest spa... or maybe I can buy a 1/4 day. :meh:

I think I'll tell her I'm Jewish :meh:

11. Hey, I'm Jewish! :D
    But, my wife's not. So, I can't use that excuse.. still gotta give her Christmas presents! And, her birthday is two weeks later. :eek:

12. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Warning! Be prepared to take her out somewhere nice afterwards. No lady is gonna wanna get all beautified to sit at home and watch TV.

13. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Look around you can find something in your price range. I have found spa packages that cost in the range of $50-$70 for a few hours. And like I said, the return is well worth the investment;)

The thing that ladies like about the spa is the attention and pampering. It's the thought behind it that counts. It says, I think you're special and deserved to be treated as such. Even though your actual thought is "Cr@p, what will get me out of the doghouse?"

14. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

duh ...

I think that sums it up pretty well this year.

I saw a lot of stuff at the jewelry store, but the checkbook is in the ICU after 4 years of Mt Holyoke and 2 years of Brown.

The spa idea is great!

Banana Republic did wonders for me last year. The styles this year are lame. I have to take a hike to Nordstrom's. Wow, the Saturday before Xmas.
    What a zoo.

I guess I'm just not into it this year.
    I got the blues.

15. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I don't like dating people who like giving presents. I always tell my significant other "No presents! I don't need them!" Even for christmas and birthdays. But those crafty girls, they go out and BUY me things and then give them to me! I can't refuse them, because they already went to the trouble spending money on them. And ARRAGAGHGHAHGGAG!

She got me a Minutemen bootleg....and I wanted to get her a Pixie's thing, but she has everyone!! GaCK!

16. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Thankfully I finished my Christmas shopping before the flu finished me. She's getting a couple cashmere sweaters. I respond well to hints like "You know why I prefer cashmere sweaters to acrylic? Well, let me tell ya...".

Yup, real subtle, my wife is. She's also getting an armband mp3 player for her Bally's torture routines and a wireless barbecue thermometer (another less than subtle hint).

Peace,

James

17. i would like to announce that i have the coolest girlfriend on all of TB (imo duh)

she just started playing bass so i got her two bass song books and she got me some cds. i also got her some girly jewelry to make her look even prettier (if thats possible) :smug: we also went out to dinner and to see lotr rotk (she loves the books and movies) as our holiday celebration date :D

18. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    You're giving her a hot brunette? If you don't get to join in, I hope they at least let you watch. ;)

19. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Nino, you are terrible!:D

20. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I confess I entertained the idea of Nino's post,
    but refrained in a mental lapse of ascerbic taste.

Thanks for doing the job when I was out of town,
    highly suggestive Xmas lyric IIRC...

:D