Hey guys, fix this bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NickInMesa, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Small issue.

2. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    I haven't seen an instrument equipped with the Automatic Headstock Ejection option for a while.

3. I'd rather use it for firewood, EBO's are the worst sounding basses I've ever played. I had a Gibson back in the 70's and it sounded like a huge fart.

4. Hahahaha.

Well played sir! :D

5. Fixed one like that for a friend once. Big PITA but his was vintage and worth doing. That one? Nah.

6. LOL
    thats almost worth sig'ging

7. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    Somebody convert it to a headless, that would be interesting.

PS- I'm surprised that i did not give up on bass because an Epi EB-0 was my first bass. Its tone makes me want to barf. :)

8. Projectile

Projectile

Feb 5, 2009
    That's almost not worth repairing. I do antique restoration and furniture repair for a living, and that is probably one of the most nightmarish breaks possible on an instrument. Not to mention the fact that the quality of the wood had to be piss poor for it to snap so cleanly across the grain like that. Glue alone won't due. You'd need rock maple dowels or metal rods for reinforcement with epoxy or poly based glue. Getting everything to line up right would be a major pain in the ass and it is unlikely that it would ever be perfect. If it were a Gibson with a set neck it would be worth repairing, but on an epiphone I'd use the neck for scrap or firewood.

9. jmiller

jmiller

Dec 31, 2006
    Manager at Bass Club Chicago
    how is it "brand new" but it doesnt have the original tuners and a bunch of parts are missing?

10. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    2 words:

PL Premium

11. +100

12. take the truss rod out and replace it with a knife.. set the tang into the headstock.. BAM!... weapon!

13. mellobud

mellobud

May 17, 2007
    Missouri
    not a biggie...you can just buff that s#@* out.

14. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    Bolt on neck....Get a cheap cost Rondo neck, maybe a tweak or two with a router and resell the silly thing on Ebay as a one of a kind custom built Epifender clone. (think Franken Fenderbird)

15. tippr34

tippr34

Jul 30, 2008
    Atlanta, Georgia
    He probably snapped the neck attempting to change the tuners, then found it was much easier after the head was removed.

16. GregDunn

GregDunn

Jan 8, 2009
    +1 for making me spray my drink.

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021