Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey guys. I need alittle help with "Plush" by Stone Temple Pilots.

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Bass81, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Bass81

Bass81

Oct 25, 2003
    I went and looked at several online tabs, and the chorus part of the song is what really gets me. I am having trouble with the timing and how to play it. When and where to play certain notes. When listening to the song it sounds like Robert Deleo has alot of bass loops, in the chorus and between changes. Anyone know how to play this song, and what advice you could give me. Thanks

Bass81

2. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    If the tabs suck, maybe find a good guitar tab and it may help you identify the core notes easier and give you a better starting point.

3. sunburstbasser

sunburstbasser

Oct 18, 2003
    Is that the part that goes "And I'll be there?"

I think that goes C-Bb-A-Bb or something like that, then the "Where ya going till tomorrow" part goes C chord and D chord if my memory is right. I haven't played this song since the summer though, but that sounds about right.

4. tim99

tim99 Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    Hey, this is on my list to learn soon. I printed some tabs from mxtabs.net that do not look bad. One is separated out into measures even. I will work on this some tonight and see where it goes.

Tim.

(Later that evening)Ok, lets see how this works. Let me know if this is not the part.

Code:
    G|------------------------------------------------|------------------------------------------------|
    D|------------------------------------------------|------------------------------------10----8-----|
    A|6-----------6-----------------------------------|6-----------6-----------6-----8-----------------|
    E|------------------------------------------6-----|------------------------------------------------|
      1  .  &  .  2  .  &  .  3  .  &  .  4  .  &  .   1  .  &  .  2  .  &  .  3  .  &  .  4  .  &  .

G|------------------------------------------------|------------------------------------------------|
    D|7-----------------------------------------------|------------------------------------------------|
    A|------------8-----------------------------------|8-----------8-----------8-----10----8-----7-----|
    E|------------------------------------------8-----|------------------8-----------------------------|
      1  .  &  .  2  .  &  .  3  .  &  .  4  .  &  .   1  .  &  .  2  .  &  .  3  .  &  .  4  .  &  .

5. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    off to Tabs forum.

6. mflaherty

mflaherty Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    I count it half as fast as you do, and I play it on the D and G strings, but those are the notes I hear.

7. gerison

gerison

Jun 5, 2008
    Europe
    Old thread but, I worked plush and like to share my transcription. It's pretty close I guess.

Let me know if you liked it or found some mistakes.

Enjoy
    gerison

8. PopaWoody

PopaWoody The major rager

May 28, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Holy thread resurrection.:eyebrow:

9. D-ROCK5972

D-ROCK5972

Mar 4, 2008
    I used this video from Youtube. It helped me a TON!

10. LOL
    I will be good enough in 6 years that I should be able to fiqure out my intro to "Sorry" if thats what its going to take.:D

11. gerison

gerison

Jun 5, 2008
    Europe
    I had to delete the transcription due to the upload limit.

If anyone needs it though. Just send me a pm with your email.

gerison