1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hey guy's just latch on to a new old bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gary mitchell, Mar 30, 2015.

1. I just latch on to a cool bass I think. Its in very nice condition couple of little chips not bad, you would have to really look. Done some trading the guy I traded with was a very nice young man. If he's on here I will let him tell you what he traded for if he wants, but pretty even trade I think. Anyway the bass is black on black like I said good condition. Its a Ibanez SR1000 about a 89 to 91 PJ pickups EMGs. I played it at church Sunday and got a lot of compliments on it. At home I play it on a MarkBass Jeff Berlin at church a SWR Pro 350 head and a SWR 410 cab. I was not use to the thin neck on it at first but it was cool. I think its a bass I can just leave at church. The only thing if someone plays it if they will unplug the chord so the battery won't run down. Back in my Christian Metal days I played a few Ibanez guitars but know nothing about their bass guitars. As most know haven't played bass very long 4 or 5 years now maybe I don't know. I read where it was made in Japan and had a Ash body. I guess its cool it plays nice.

2. HI MY NAME IS NOT OPIE TAYLOR, DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPEN TO MY BASEBALL, THE DOG ATE IT I THINK, THIS IS A TUFF PLACE SOMETIMES. BUT I LIKE MY BASS, I THINK ITS A COOL BASS, GOT FROM A NICE GUY, IT PROBALY DOE'S NOT RATE UP THERE WITH SOME OF YOU FELLERS BASS'S BUT I LIKE IT. I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE NICE BASS GUITARS, I HAVE REAL NICE REGULAR GUITARS, A USA FENDER TELECASTER, A CUSTOM BUILT LES PAUL TYPE GUITAR BUY PRESTIGE OUT OF CANADA, BUT A PLAIN JANE CHEAP EPIPHONE MASTERBILT DR-500MCE ACOUSTIC. WE HAVE A DOG. I HAVE A RIVERA CLUBSTER ROYALE 112 GUITAR AMP, AND A MARKBASS JEFF BERLIN BASS AMP. I HAVE PLAYED MAYBE 30 YEARS PRAISE AND WORSHIP. AND I HAVE PLAYED A COUPLE OF BANDS, I PLAY A LOT OF BLUES. AND I THROW STICKS SO THE DOG CAN FETCH THEM. I AM RETIRED AND 63 YEARS OLD. MAN THIS IS A TUFF ROOM. MAYBE I DO NOT BELONG IN TALKBASS, I AM NOT A VERY INTERESTING PERSON.

3. Jeff Elkins

Jeff Elkins Supporting Member

Hey, Gary,

I used to play Ibanez basses--really liked the way the necks felt. It was one of my favorite things about them. I've since switched to Fenders, though I still don't know what made me change over. It feels pretty permanent, but I still love a thin neck, so mine are all Jazz width and modern-C shape (kind of a flat oval).

Post a pic of your Ibby!

Jeff