Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey guys....question...

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by WonderWall41, Jan 6, 2002.

1. Does anyone here happen to know where I can find the bass tabs for Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata"? I'm using a 4-string, thanks.

2. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Didn't Bach do that?

3. Nope, it was Beethoven.

4. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Is classical music ever found tabbed? I kind of figured that it was usually written in standard notation.

5. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Nah, it happens all the time...I've got some killer trombone tabs if anybody ever wants to borrow 'em. :)

6. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    BUT! Can I downtune the trombone into A so I can sound like FiElDy?

7. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    No, but you can use the F trigger to sound like FiElDy...ok, here's the trombome tabs for the beginning of the "Moonlight Sonata":

Mouth:blow---------------harder------------------
    Slide:--in-----further in----------out--------in----

--harder still----------blowyerbrainsout------------
    ---further out-------waaaayy out----------back---

---softer------still softer-------------suck in-----
    ---all the way in------------out---------further---

ETC.

Happy Moonlight! BeEtHoVeN RuLeZ!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: the above was a statement about TROMBONE tabz only...it is only a personal opinion, and does not necessarily reflect the views of the establishment at Talkbass.com or any other internet BBS.

8. FalsehoodBass

FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    hey wonder, welcome to TB. People here are generally very helpful... but for one reason or another there is a very strong anti-tab mentality going around. whether or not tabs are good or bad or usefull or anything has been argued into the ground, but its a fact that if you ask for anything involving tabs here, you will get mocked, and there won't be much help in getting what you actually asked for.

Regarding your question, i don't know where you would be able to find it, but if you could find the sheet music it shouldn't be too hard to figure out, espeically if you already know what the song sounds like.

goodluck, please don't let this ruin your image of TB

9. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

This is exactly what I like about TB - the humour! How boring would this site be if it was all just - question followed by answer!!?

Most of the answers to the questions asked, could be found by a quick internet search anyway and to me they are just the ultimate in laziness.

But I always admire people who can use humour to get this point across rather than just saying - do a search dummy! Which is what I would be thinking. ;)

This particular one brought to mind a spoof quiz show - you know :

"Who wrote Beethoven's 9th Symphony? Was it :

a) Bach
    b) Beethoven
    c) Fieldy

10. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    DUUURRL,

that wuz th3 b3st TaB iV3 3v3r S33N!!:D

BLinky TABEVIL

11. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
  12. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    since it is a classical piano piece you will most likely not find it in a bass-only version, neither in standard notation nor in tabs. and although stu hamm played a version of the sonata, it doesn't contain all parts. and of course noone tabbed it out.

so you'll have to use the piano sheet music.

13. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    To make a very long story very short, the term "DURRL" is an intentional misspelling of the name "Darryl", spelled in such a way as to approximate the colloquial pronunciation of that name which you might find in the inbred hills of the deep south. It's Ed Fuqua's (a.k.a. - BAD FUNGUS, FUQHORN EDHORN, DEAD PUKESPRAY, RED DOUCHESPRAY, et. al...) way of calling me a bucktoothed hillbilly dumbf*** from Kentucky, which has since been adopted by other select TB members who know me fairly well.

I wear it like a badge of honor. :D

14. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Well the answer is CLEARY obious, it so Bach. ;)

15. Its D silly!

MaRK HOppppppUS!

RULZ!!!

Heh heehe he heehehehehrehhe1

I H4X()R 1337 ARHARHAHRAHHAHRHAHAHAHRHARHAHA!!

Although Chris stated his views did not represent all of TalkBass, they however do represent mine. And FiElDys, really, I'm not lying to you. Fieldy doesn't have to practice, he's perfect, he can do that click sound, and beats the heck out of Mozart.

Yes, I said MoZaRt on purpose. bEeToVaN is really overrated.

16. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

At last I found out what DURRL means. Here in Tennessee, Daryl is pronounced DAYREEL.

17. Ok, I know I'm pre-Fuqua but damn, DuRrL RuLeZ!

18. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

BopLickCity,

I've been wondering for years what specific location the lyrics of "East of the Sun" were referring to, and now I come to find out that it's been about dear old TENNESSEE all this time.

I used to hang out a bit in Knoxville when I was younger, and in the summer it always felt like it was located DIRECTLY UNDER the sun. Is my memory faulty, or does it still get hot enough to fry eggs on the sidewalk in your neck of the woods?

METROPOLITANSCHOOLS,

Aw, shucks......:oops:

19. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    Yeah Glen Miller RULES!!!!

oh wait..

thats Moonlight SERENADE

Doh!