Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey guys, sorry..........

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    "Sorry! an unexpected error has occurred.

This error has been forwarded to MySpace's technical group."

Is this all this website does? I can't believe this site has been around for this long and still can't function properly. Who takes care of this site, didn't Murdoc buy the rights? Don't the advertisters get angry that things barley work?

Myspace is the only site I have to keep two internet windows open so I can browse the Internet in one window while i'm waiting for the Myspace pages to load in the other. Then you wait over five minuts for a simple page with text to load, only to get the above quoted message above.

I guess i'm only complaining because Myspace basically acts as my E-mail these days. I'm thinking of going back to Hotmail or something else, Those never gave me problems.

2. I rarely have that problem with myspace. Sometimes the player won't work for me unless I re-load the page, though. I strongly recommend google's gmail though for email. It's extremely reliable, virtually spam-free, and you get huge amounts of storage space.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    "Get this foo outta my face, Hannibal!"

brad cook

4. +1000, I just got gmail.:smug:

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Dude...it's free. Stop complaining. You get what you pay for. If Hotmail starts giving you trouble, remember how much you paid for that too. Same goes for Juno, Yahoo, GMail, MSN, and all the others.

-Mike

6. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    I have problems once in a while also but generally it works fine.

Could you have a bad connection to the internet?

:D

Joe.

7. Snarf

Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    mmm, no. Gmail is in a league of its own. Free and AMAZING.

If you want Gmail, PM me with your email address and I can send an invite.

8. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I'm having trouble with Pure volume............Anyone know why I can't load songs or pictures up?

9. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    my space is probably the worst-run website that i frequent.

one thing not mentioned: it is irritating as all hell when you click on someone's profile and are treated to THREE competing songs/music videos. and then it's a fun time trying to hunt for where they all are (most likely buried DEEP within the comments section) and turning'em off.

:mad:

10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Websites cause less trouble when you don't visit them.

11. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

you underestimate the popularity of myspace. :p

12. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    +1 it's free, deal with it.

13. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Oh hell.....

+2.

:D

Joe.

14. that happens to me all the time, like when i send a message, even though it says an error has occured it still sends the message and they still get it. so i dont see the point in having the error message there, its just annoying to me

15. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    Hey, potsmoker duckbill...
    Why would you tell a guy with cancer that he has lupus anyway?

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I know GMail is a great service. I'm just saying that when people start fussing and complaining about something they got for free, they should remember that you get what you pay for.

-Mike

17. its a quote from mitch hedberg, and that guy was crazy, so id ont know you tell me