Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey guys

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RippinItUp, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Sorry I searched for a General Discussion forum but wasn't able to find one. If this is in the wrong place, moderators please move it to the correct forum and I apologize ahead of time. :meh:

Just wanted to say hello to all and let you all know a bit about myself. My name is Mike and I've been playing bass since my Sophmore year of high school which comes out to about 6 years. I hope to learn and contribute to the site. Thanks for taking the time to read this. :D

2. Ok I think I should have posted this in the"Off Topic" forum. :(

3. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Yeah, but its okay.

Welcome to Talkbass.

4. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Hey Mike,
    Congrats on becoming a TBer! Enjoy the site and participate often. ;)

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Welcome to TalkBass!!

one of the Mods of this section will move it over to Off-Topic for you. I would, but I have no super powers in "basses", just "bassists".

What kind of music do you play? What kind of Amp do you play that Ray through?

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    welcome to talkbass, mike !

7. Thanks everyone! And to answer your question James, right now it's being played through just a Peavey Head (Not sure which model, it's a friends) and SWR 2x10 cabinet. Next on the list is an Ampeg SVT350H Head and SVT410HLF enclosure.

I had an SWR 4004 head and SWR 4x10 enclosure, but I just couldn't get it to put out the sound I wanted (this was before I had gotten the Music Man) so I sold it, I'm hoping the Ampeg setup will give me the sound I'm looking for. Actually I know it will, I've heard a Music Man played through that very setup and I love it. :D

*edit*

Sorry I overlooked your first question...I grew up listening to a lot punk rock and going to shows, so that's really my frist love in music. But I listen to or play anything from Linkin Park to Mike Ness, even a little indie rock and underground hip-hop. If it sounds good, I listen to it.

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Ray through a Ampeg is a cool set up. I've got a soft spot recently for Peavey though :) My new rig is linked in my sig.
    If you told me I'd be playing a Peavey and loving it a couple years back, I'd laughed at ya!

9. That looks like quite a nice setup you have there. This is my first time playing through a Peavey head and I'm curious to know how it would sound with an entire Peavey setup.

10. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Hey!

I'd say welcome but I dont feel I've been here long enough to welcome someone new :).

James....everytime I see your 6 it makes me go crazy. You need to get a gig down in the DC area and let me play it :)

11. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Thanks, I've got some buddies in Chantily (not sure how it's spelt). Haven't been there in about 5 years though... maybe if my band finds a worthy drummer we'll book down your way.

That said, I'm just a few hours North (4 or 5 hours I think)... if'n you find yourself in Jersey, look me up. My contact info is at the bottom of all my pages.

12. Welcome to TB.