Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey guys...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Mar 21, 2003.

1. I know this might be kind of wimpy,but one of my friend's dad is stationed in Iraq as well as a few cousins. I thought i knew what fear was, until now. I thought that all of the stuff i worried about was huge, now it seems like a molehill. I think for the first time in my life, i am truely scared...

2. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

3. I think anyone who has friends out there and says they're not scared is lying or mad. I'm lucky - no one I know is involved. My dad fought in the Falklands in 1982 but I wasn't scared then because I wasn't born for another 2 months :D

4. Look on the bright side-it isn't your dad....

5. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    I doesn't matter who it is. My brother in law, and two of my very best friends are there. My sisters husban]d, my two nephews father, and my daughters uncles. I am scared as well. If you know and care about the people there, fear doesn't know relation.

JMO.

Its ok to be scared FF. I am scared too. I am also sorry that we had to do this. However, I agree w/Bush, and it needed to be done. No matter what you all think the reason is...

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    wouldn't your nephews father be your brother?
    and your daughters uncles be your brothers?
    sorry...I'm just a little confused:confused:

7. I have 5 friends from my scout troop in the service. One is on Presidential security, so he won't be going anywhere, one is in Iraqright now, one will be joining him in about 2 weeks, another in about 2 months, and the last won't finish his schools till October, and he doesn't know where they are going to send him yet.

So yeah, I'm just as scared as you are, Freaky. I hope to God that Bagdhad won't be like Mogadishu.:eek:

Rock on
    Eric:bassist:

8. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    My nephews father is my sisters husband...My daughters uncle, sisters husband, adoped uncles, are the best friends...sorry, I didn't make myself clear enough...;)

9. Ummm... yeah. Got that. I think.

10. ok my husband, steve, is the father to primes nephews, he is her brother in law, steve is the uncle to her daughter. the adopted uncles are very close friends of ours. the blonde came out in her, lol.

it is okay to be scared hon. i scared s***less. i fear for those i know and those i do not know. there is no shame in feeling that fear. and it is not wimpy, i think it takes a strong person to admit their fear. do not let anyone tell you otherwise. and they do not have to be blood/family to feel that fear for others.

11. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

That is hilarious :D