Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey Hey! I'm on DVD...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by nysbob, Apr 13, 2004.

1. nysbob

nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    OK, this may be a bit self-serving but I'm excited about it...I've recorded many a record, but this is a first. Check it out here...
    http://www.clubcafelive.com/bears_promo.htm

It's all one show, but recorded quite well & mixed in surround...

[​IMG]

2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Very cool, congrats. I'm a Belew fan so you've piqued my interest. I'd also like to hear your playing.

3. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Wait a minute, this isn't girls gone wild....

:D

4. nysbob

nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    Thanks for the interest - I was pleased that they got a decent amount of bass into the mix. I'm pretty much a straight ahead rock player - in the show I play a fender jazz special and clevinger EUB - about half & half.

5. nysbob

nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    Gratuitous, self-serving bump for any Adrian Belew fans who missed it... :D

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Are there any shots of the bass player? ;)

I'm going to be on a DVD in a little while, but it's going to be a compilation of my friends student films. I've acted in and/or written the music for about all of them. :smug:

7. nysbob

nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    Cool...the only other actor/bassist who comes to my mind is Sting. Yeah, they got plenty of me on there... :D I'm the tallest guy w/ the least amount of hair... ;)

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Ha, my acting career isn't that impressive. I've been a crazy clown in a cereal commerical (the concept is, the cereal is 49% marshmallows, 49% toys, and only 2% whole grain cereal). And I was in "birthday steak." Where I ate a steak that was served to me like a birthday cake, candles etc. Then a present levitates next to me and I open it up, and it's a trombone. Then I play it awfully. Artsy, huh? :)

I think I'll stick with bass playing. :D

9. nysbob

nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    Thanks...it's still pretty new, but feedback so far has been very good. We have no real distribution but that's kinda where the music biz is right now...it's going to be interesting to see if word of mouth & web can do anything. ;)