Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey, Hey! New Bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Demonfish22, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Demonfish22

Demonfish22

Jul 31, 2002
    Bath, England
    Just got back from the music store, with a MusicMan Sub under my arm. Huzzah!<p>
    [​IMG] <p>
    Alright, JT and friends, I know it's only got 4 strings, I know it wasn't hand-built, I know it hasn't got a burled, knurled, birdseye, buckeye, walnut, whatever top :rolleyes:, but it suits me just fine :D<p>
    I guess I'd better get down to business :bassist:

2. Very cool! Is that a graphite neck? If so, it's probably a killer slappin' machine!

3. is that ur ray in the back ground, from comparing all the rays and subs that i have played i think there bassically the same bass.they feel the same playing and all most sound the same but they have a diffent preamp and cheaper finshes, do u agree.

4. SUB isnt my "type" but,I really dig the color scheme you got....white w/ rosewood:)

I'd take off the pickguard though....looks tacky,IMO

Have fun:)

what kind of neck is that?

-Jon:oops:

5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    its a maple neck...they just paint them black..

and i do like the color..but yeah i would replace the pickguard...just plain black..or..tortise..that would look realy nice

steve

6. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    i really REALLY don't like white basses.

but, THAT one looks pretty COOL!!!!!!

i like!!!

congrats!

f

7. Demonfish22

Demonfish22

Jul 31, 2002
    Bath, England
    The pickguard doesn't look any less tacky when you learn it's not even real steel - it's just foiled plastic :meh: <p>
    No, it's not my ray. Took these picks at a friends house cause I don't have digital camera of my own. I've played both, and if I had my eyes closed I'd have hard time telling the difference (although the Ray is marginally nicer). Take into account that the Sub is about half the price, and it's definitely a good buy.<p>
    About the pickguard - I'm looking on the website and they don't seem to sell them. Should I just look around for a second-hand one, or is there some place that'll sell just a pickguard?

8. Looks cool dude :D That pickgaurd looks so good against the white.

9. www.pickguards.com

10. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    I kinda like the color of thepickguard on that.... but then again it IS quite tacky. I think a black pearloid would look great on it.

11. soularis

soularis

Jul 3, 2003
    Illinois, USA
    nice bass! congratulations!

12. Demonfish22

Demonfish22

Jul 31, 2002
    Bath, England
    <p>
    D'oh! Why didn't I think of that?

13. wonderboy

wonderboy

Oct 27, 2002
    i'm so sorry.

14. BEcause you were too busy thinking of a place to get one :p

15. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Is that the newer passive model that is out?

16. I got one too a black one,active. I am selling it for 450.00,I have had it one month.I like them but I want something else. I live in Knoxville,Tn. My phone number is 673-3141.