1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hey !!!!!!!!.........................How can I choose my Amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by samoth, Oct 25, 2001.

1. samoth

samoth

Apr 9, 2001
    France-Le pontet
    I'm playing metal and I can't find a good amp !

If you can say me what's good for this music .....Say it !

2. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    something f*cking loud :)

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    Sunn 300T with 2 4x10's.
    Ampeg SVT with 8x10
    SWR Bass750 with Megoliath

i don't really play metal, or anything close, so i'm just throwin stuff at you :p but all of those would be loud!

jason

4. captainpabst

captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    Tennessee
    i can assure you that a sunn 300t with a 2x15 and a 4x10 would be stupid loud. over the line loud.

you should say how much $ you have to spend and then we could give more suitable suggestions.

5. samoth

samoth

Apr 9, 2001
    France-Le pontet
    I've got 1000$...so.....

An other detail....I play on a 5 strings and actually I'm on a Peavey basic 112.

6. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    check out the shops in your town, with 1000$ you could be able to find something interesting in the used market. try the biggest number of amp you can and decide which is the tone you like the best. i suggest you to go with a head and cab rated at 300w at 8 ohm more than a combo. but this is related to how many times do you play live. there are a lot of brands i suggest you: trace elliot, ampeg, gallien krueger, SWR, ampeg, ashdown. i like all them they are different but all good. remember always try before buy!

7. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    for 1k you could get a pretty serious carvin rig.

jason

8. captainpabst

captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    Tennessee
    yeah carvin - save up another 200 bux and get the r1000/8x10t setup. that'd be loud.

www.carvin.com

9. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Why don't you save up and a rig like the big stars use? I'm thinkin' 3 8x10s, or maybe 3 2x10s atop 3 2x15s...