Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey, I got a new name.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matthew Bryson, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I changed my TB user name to my given name. I just thought I'd post this fact so nobody wonders who the new guy is or why he would steel Creepy's avatar.;)

...I already feel somehow more accountable for the content that I post to this site so if you're lucky, and that feeling keeps up, you my see less stupid posts out of me.

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    you're still creepy to me, ya freak!!!!!

:D ;)

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That itself is kinda creepy. Some sort of strange Ferret love triangle, I suspect...

:confused: :)

4. Matthew "Creepy" Bryson, sounds normal to me!

[​IMG]
    Treena

5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    you should put the change in your sig too, so when people (who don't see this thread) look at it and will know who it is

6. hey! i want in on this! i have a ferret too!

err wait, maybe i dont want in on it afterall...

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    thanks for the announcement...i was reading a thread this morning, and i noticed that some dude had ripped off your avatar...i was fixin to send you a PM about it, but then i realized it was you!

-Mike

8. You already failed there.

j/k ;)

9. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I'd do the reminder in the sig thingy to let people know who don't see the thread just like the other guy said. I did the same thing right around the time i got my Ray5 and congrats-you're now one of us that use our real names. :D That's all

10. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i am kinda in that club, clay is part of my last name, clayton

11. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Clay

just as much as Cam is part of my name [Cameron]. :D That's all

12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'd just like to say that I'm in the Library computer lab right now, and the computer in front of me is occupied by an 30ish year old asian man who is talking to himself in his native language. He's freaking me out because he's doing it at a fairly loud volume considering he's talking to himself. He's stopped now, I think he's reading my thoughts.

I just thought about exploding dinosaurs and he started talking again... but quieter.

I'm scared... hold me.

13. Oh, I'm sorry Matt. I didn't see you there.

14. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    lesson learned = stupidmatt should stay out of the computer lab when he's stoned! ;)

15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

It's cool. It happens to the best of us. :cool:

I must have had the same problem Mr. Nerve had, damn Primus concert contact buzzes last for months. :eek:

16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

He's actually an alien. You need one of those aluminium foil hats.

17. A good laugh at 11:55 PM - Priceless :D

If I used my name I can't say Quak, so it ANT happnin'.

18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    *puts tin foil around his head and starts thinking backwards mirrored thoughts*

Gentlemen, first on the agenda... to kill Superman.

Heh, sorry for absolutely derailing this thread, but you gotta understand, that was some scary stuff.

There is a guy in my hometown that I call Underwater Man because he walks like he's underwater. Apparently he's heavily medicated/insane. His gimmick was to walk into the bowling alley (where I worked) same time every saturday, buy a ginger ale, sit down at the table, light up a smoke, have a 20 minute conversation with himself, leave.

Every week.

I'd never listened to him talk myself, but one time my friend Jared sat near him at the Country Fair, and just listened. He said, and I quote.

murmer murmer murmer "Er, I should, I should crucify my mother on a telephone pole. Errr."

:eek:

19. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    How did you change your name? I thought we couldn't do that without a good reason or something.

I'd love to change mine if I could.

20. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    All you gotta do is PM Paul.