Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey i need some sugestions!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sublime999, Apr 15, 2001.

1. Sublime999

Sublime999 Guest

Apr 14, 2001
    Garden City Michigan
    Alright i am new bass player, i'm alright i guess but i need to get a different bass, i want a punk/ska type i guess. i was looking into a fender but i'm not sure. and sugestions?
    Thanks!
    Stephanie, 15

2. What kind of bass do you have now, and how much money are you willing to spend? Also, fill out your profile to tell us more about yourself...And oh yea, Sublime rules!

3. Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë

Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë Guest

Feb 14, 2001
    Canada
    How much do you have to spend? Fender and Music Man are both good basses for that type of music, but it all depends on how much your willing to spend. :D

4. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    Hi,

I´m taking most of the information out of your post, so I have the following things together - coorect me if I´m wrong:

New Bassplayer - 1st or 2nd Bass
    15 Years Old - Not much money

Maybe look into the Fender-Squier (P-Bass Special) and the Ibanez Lines (SR200, SR300). Both will make good punk basses and are pretty versatile. I would go with the Fender, because its quite versatile, quality construction and somehow looks cool.
    Anyways, if you are really a beginner both will satisfy you (never thought that I would say that to a girl in that context....)

David

5. I have an Ibanez SR-400, and i do regret my purchase. I loved it at first, being the novice i was (and still am) when i bought it, but now i just dont like it. The neck is just too small for me, although my hands are quite large. It sounds ok, but it just isnt very comfortable to play. The construction is ok, but it just doesnt suit me well, and the electronics are weak. I wouldnt reccomend it, unless you want a REALLY thin neck. I think there are better ways to spend your money. How about a MIM Fender Jazz? Or a MIM P Bass, that would be good for punk, and its not too expensive, dont spend any more than $300.

6. Jake15

Jake15

Jan 17, 2001
    USA, PA
    I have an RB-2000 made by washburn for sale. Take a look in the for sale forum.

7. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I disagree, i do NOT suggest the Ibanez SRs.

A good Fender/Squire Precision would do great. So would a Jazz.

8. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    oh my dear you are at the beginning of the downward spiral called g.a.s. we always want a new bass!
    i suggest you a fender precision.

9. Sublime999

Sublime999 Guest

Apr 14, 2001
    Garden City Michigan
    Thanks You Guys! You really helped me out a lot. :) if anyone wants to talk message me or something! thanks

10. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    tell us what you decided, when you'll decide