Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey... I remember you guys!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by pmkelly, Sep 15, 2003.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Howdy all.... I didn't really ever forget you guys, I just got super-insane busy! Let me bring you up to date!

I have a promotion at work... some of you know that I work for musician's friend, and I am now a supervisor in the shipping dept. I used to work in the returns dept, so I took care of all the gear that was coming back! Now I am in charge of getting all the right gear to the right people and in one piece! A bit of a challenge, but I am doing what I can to make sure all goes well! So, if you feel like inserting your MF joke here, fire away... We are trying to take care of the well publicized issues.

Busy thing number two: The band... we have started playing shows again, writing new material, and getting ready to record! And all this without a decent bandname! So if anyone has a great name for a bunch of 30-somethings that play something that is not quite punk, not quite emo, and not quite indie rock, please let me know! We need all the help we can get...

Busy thing the third: There is a new monstrousity in my basement, just feet away from the sacred bass rack containing the Laklands and Fenders. It isn't the guitars, I have never made a secret of my pre-bass addiction to dental floss, but it is the wonderful new toy of a Gretsch drumkit! My drummer decided that he had to sell one of his kits, and I can't pass up a deal on a new piece of music gear, no matter what! i have only been playing it for about a week, and it is loads of fun. I really gives you a new insight into rhythm very quickly! You know you always wanted to play the drums, so just do yourself a favor and get a kit! :D

Wow.... that's a bunch going on! But my life is starting to mellow out some, so I should be around here again...

P@

2. now maybe we can get some faster shipping! score! :D

Glad to hear everyone is going good man ~ Tyler

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Musicians friend? I'm a musician and need a friend. got any strings that no one seems to want to buy? that you can of course give away!

:D

4. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    For a name how about Dead Sea Sguirrels? I heard someone trip over "scrolls" this way and laughed most of my a$$ off.

5. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I think you guys should go with 'Old News'. I wanted to name a band that for a while.

6. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    :spit:

brat!!!!

:D ;)

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Glad to hear you're busy in a good way.

Seems like we have the same job except I get to play AWESOME basses all day long. :bassist:

8. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    call yourselves "The Aged Cheeses" or "Cheese which has ripened".

I sure wish my life was busy.....:bawl:

9. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN

LMAO:D :D

10. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

You're even!
    :spit:
    :bawl:

-----------
    I still like the name PI EQUALS THREE.

I believe it was the Texas legislature that tried to pass a law defining this. I still get a kick out of that. That's really Dumya@ss!

11. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Alfred E. Newman?????

:(

;)

Speaking of the Texas Legis, my old boss had to go and hide out in Oklahoma! :eek:

12. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    with this waiting at home, I am all good!

[​IMG]

P@

13. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Nino - Wanna compare who's gotta cooler set of awesome basses to choose from every day?

;)

pm - Good to see you back, congradulations on the promotion, I'll be calling with complaints about the service soon, what's your boss' name?

...we'll talk soon my friend!

14. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    that's spelled P - A - T - R - I - C - K!

P@

15. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Good to see ya back PM!!

16. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Patrick? You're workin' for that @$$h073?

...poor bastard...

;)

17. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Glad to see you back.
    You have a PM.

18. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO

that's probably what they are saying... you guys may not know this, but I can be a jerk occasionally! :p

P@

19. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    thanks all.... Mike, I got the pm and I will get something to you in a couple of days!

P@