Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hey im lost now

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Stingray, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Stingray

Stingray

May 12, 2000
    ok i really wan to get a good to excellent home recording sound im looking a three mixers right know
    2 analog and 1 digital. The digital being the roland vm3100 and the others being a.)carvin concert series 44, b.)mackie cfx-12 or 16

first off which do you think is better
    maybe gives some pro's and cons of all
    and help me make a descion
    just to help out heres some of the other i will be using along with whatever choice i make
    some sm-57's
    Some pg-57's(a great alternative to the sm sounds pretty dang good and comparable to me)
    an at-3525
    an at-3035 or behringer b-2 still deciding here to
    i dont really want to spend anymore money tobuy extra mic preamps so if the preamps such please tell me(on the boards i mean) thanks
    Help me please

2. Mackie is what i would recommend. Mackie preamps are definately quality mic pre's, granted, they may vary from the quality of board, but none the less, being a mackie, out of the options, i would definately opt for the mackie board.