1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hey im new at this, but i have heard that its prefrence. . . .

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Flying Panda, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Flying Panda

Flying Panda

Jan 10, 2003
    On the kind of bass u like. i mean my friend likes his Fender Pression bass and he told me to get one but someone else i know swears by Rogue, hes had 2 Fenders but he says that he likes rogue better and thats the one my parents are gettin, i think. Is this assumption right ? all replys are aprreciated

2. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Flying Panda,

Rogue is a brand that is sort of a branch of Fender. For the most part they are considered good beginner's basses. Fenders, on the other hand, range from basses you can pick up in a music store for around $150 to custom shop or vintage intstruments that you can find people paying well over $2,000 for. So, is your friend right? In certain very isolated cases when it comes to entry level basses, a Rogue might be a better deal than a particular entry level Fender, but for the most part, Fender will be the better product of the two.

Peace,

James

3. Try it out first.:D

This is the standard answer from everyone here, when asked the question "what bass should i get?".

4. bassnsax said it all, when i got my bass, i had five that i thought looked really cool, but when i tried them out, all of them felt weird and i thought "its just because im a beginner" then i tried another less cool one, and it felt just right (like in goldilocks), i haven't relly had any problems with it, other than it is now a total peice of (stuff id rather not say because someone is bound to report it if i do)