Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hey im new at this, but i have heard that its prefrence. . . .

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Flying Panda, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Flying Panda

Flying Panda

Jan 10, 2003
    On the kind of bass u like. i mean my friend likes his Fender Pression bass and he told me to get one but someone else i know swears by Rogue, hes had 2 Fenders but he says that he likes rogue better and thats the one my parents are gettin, i think. Is this assumption right ? all replys are aprreciated

2. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Flying Panda,

Rogue is a brand that is sort of a branch of Fender. For the most part they are considered good beginner's basses. Fenders, on the other hand, range from basses you can pick up in a music store for around $150 to custom shop or vintage intstruments that you can find people paying well over $2,000 for. So, is your friend right? In certain very isolated cases when it comes to entry level basses, a Rogue might be a better deal than a particular entry level Fender, but for the most part, Fender will be the better product of the two.

Peace,

James

3. Try it out first.:D

This is the standard answer from everyone here, when asked the question "what bass should i get?".

4. bassnsax said it all, when i got my bass, i had five that i thought looked really cool, but when i tried them out, all of them felt weird and i thought "its just because im a beginner" then i tried another less cool one, and it felt just right (like in goldilocks), i haven't relly had any problems with it, other than it is now a total peice of (stuff id rather not say because someone is bound to report it if i do)