Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hey I'm new here...just wanted to say hi.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by learning_towalk, Mar 15, 2004.

1. hey guys and gals,

my name is Tony and I'm from Cookeville,TN...I am a bassist.
    my influences are Victor Wooten(flecktones),Mike Gordon(Phish),Mike Schools(Widespread Panic), and many other bassists...

my current rig is...

Ibanez SR506:
    Excel 8 space rack>
    Furman rr-15nl>
    Korg DTR-2>
    Presonus Bluemax>
    Sansamp RBI>
    vent space>
    Carvin DCM1500

and I'll be buying an Avatar 410/115 set up with in the next 2 months.

I also have an SWR Workingman 15 that I am using until I get my new cabs.

I am a Christian and always try to be positive and uplifting to everyone around me.

I'm currently in search of a new bass...I've been looking at Modulus,Fodera,Ken Smith and other high end brands, but am willing to try just about anything...

Hope you guys like me because you'll see alot of me around here :)

2. Welcome to Talkbass, Learning Towalk.

You'll like it here. ;)

Mike

3. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Howdy.

I'm just down the road a little bit in Knoxville.

It's cool here. You'll like it.

P.S. If you decide to get rid of that 506 after you get your new axe, mayhap we could work something out so she gets a good home.

4. Good to have you on board.

Lots of great people and information on this site, don't be afraid to ask questions as someone will probably have played the equiptment you are asking about. But remember that it is only their opinion - make sure you try it for yourself before buying.

The search facility is also another easy and excellent resource to help with any questions you might have.

Regards

Matthew

5. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Why hello d'ere!!

Welcome to TalkBass!!

6. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    WELCOME learning towalk! This forum has been the single most valuable resource I have found as a bass player, gear head etc. There are great people here with vast experience.

I am more than happy to share whatever I can to offer assistance and support. I have experience with Roscoe, Modulus, and F Basses most intimately. But have played countless other high end and not-so-high-end basses.

Welcome again!

7. Hey learning_towalk,

Welcome to talkbass. You will learn new things and meet new people, and find that you spend far too much time here :D .

-b

8. well I spend 90% of my time at Phishhook.com,but there's just not enough bass talk over there...everynow and then I check out the rhombus,harmony-central,and bass plaza...but there never seems to be much talk over there so hopefully this place will supply what I'm looking for :)

9. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Greetings and salutations. By your post I understand you too weild the Great Axe of Barse. 'Tis a mighty weapon.

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    not long before you become obsessed...

11. Hey, welcome to talkbass!!! Feel free to use the search function, entering in any major bass maker will probably get you loads of info on that maker as well as pictures of instruments and most likely someone reviewing the instrument. Be prepared to be on talkbass more than you actually play bass!

12. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Welcome, and off to Misc with you...

13. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Bienvenido a TB!!!!!!!!! :cool:

14. nice to meet you
    peace