Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hey, Indy area talkbassers!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by allan grossman, May 1, 2005.

1. The spousal unit and I are headed down to Indy May 20-22 to link up with my youngest son - can anybody recommend any jazz or blues clubs in the area? Atmosphere is important - and we're too damn old to stand all night listening to a band.

tanks!

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I grew up in Indy. What a city! :cool:

The best place (when I moved in '97 :( ) was the Slippery Noodle Inn. It was the place for blues. Its located just south of downtown. It was a small place with limited seating so its a good idea to get there early. Unfortunately its been so long I could be wrong now. Hopefully some of the other Indy TB guys/gals will know for sure.

I don't know if he still does it but Andy Berry had a blues night at The Emerson on the eastside on like Wed or Thu nights.

This will be the first year I have been able to go home in five years. I can't wait to see Indy again!

3. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
  4. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    PM me im pretty involved in the music scene around here and i live about 15 minutes from the slippery noodle. Also good is the jazz cooker and jazz kitchen. Broad ripple is amazing for music most of the time, but not a ton of jazz. PM me if you want a more detailed list. I also work for the sam ash there, hit me up, we dont have alot of cool basses but its still worth checking out.

5. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    I just have to say that I spent 5 days in Indy for the NCAA Women's National Championship (Go BU! :D) and I had an AMAZING time. Didn't get to visit any music clubs or anything like that, but I REALLY like the city a lot---great place.

6. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Indy has a Sam Ash now? Where is it? I'm going to be in Indy from mid-June to mid-July. I might have to drop in on a fellow TB'r!

Man, I disappear for a few years and all sorts of things change! :p

7. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    It's in castleton where the Mars music used to be. BTW, why is that plain looking p-bass on the wall marked at over $3,000? Am I missing something?

8. Thanks, guys - keep the suggestions coming :D