Hey Joe Nerve!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Nick Gann, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I was just looking through all of the random songs that I have downloaded from the net over the past few months and deleting all of the trash, and I came across this one titled simply "Track 2". It ends up being "I Feel Like Singing". I gotta say, I think you guys sound awesome, and even beyond that, I really love the message of the song, and of the other songs I have heard from you guys in the past. One day, I really want to see you play live, I bet it is an awesome show. Keep on rocking!
  2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah, that's a great song. I play it every now and then. The abducted song is good too.

brad cook
  3. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I went to The Nerve's bash for cash benefit last night and it was great! They've got a very active scene going, people in the area should definitely check them out. I'm listening to some tunes from the new cd right now, and they rock. There's more production than on the songs from the website (sitar?!) - it makes the band sound more radio friendly. Sorry I couldn't stick around to say goodbye Joe, I'll try to make it out again sometime. Rock on! :bassist:
  4. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Thanks guys. Thanks so much Jon for trekking out to catch us. Having people from talkbass at a gig feels like having family there. :)

You heard the sitar on Abducted? Ha! I fer some reason didn't think anyone was gonna ever notice that. Thanks for really listening. I'm super excited about this CD because we put a whole lot more into it than anything else we've ever recorded before. The current songs on the website (which I really have to change) were done with the minimalistic approach we've used up till this CD. We seemed to always go over well live, and because of that, tried to catch that in the studio. It never worked. NO matter how much we jumped around while recording, the end result seemed to lack something. I got inspired by listeneing to some zeppelin tapes in my car and thinking - these guys constantly did crap in the studio they could never pull off live. I ain't gonna be afraid of that anymore. We can play live, we have a rough time making that live sound radio friendly - or even just really listener worthy. I think we've succeeded with this cd. I don't care that we're not going to drag a sitar on stage for one line anymore. Or play a second guitar part that would be impossible without 2 guitars. I can't wait till this ting is packaged and out there.

Thanks Nick for the kind words. Most of our music has a similar vibe/message. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Couldn't ask for a better compliment.

PS. We raised $1,016 last night! I am really happy and grateful about this stuff.