1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hey.long post, kind of.

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by epiroxx, Jul 25, 2007.

1. epiroxx

epiroxx

Jul 25, 2007
    MD
    Hey, I just got a used ibanez TR series bass for a cheap price so i thought it would be worth experimenting with and I want to learn all the basics of the bass: tapping,slapping,popping, etc.and so i came here! I also play guitar and have for two years. And I have one request, does anybody have a link to a good bass slapping tutorial? I've looked at lots and lots of them and I even tried every posts tutorial on the first page of the bass slapping thread on here but they were either written in a manor i couldnt understand them or the video wasn't specific enough on all the tiny details that impacted the sound i was going for. Theres lots of details that some videos mention and some don't, like how your hand should be positioned, how you should hit the strings, should you bounce off the strings, should you stroke downwards when you slap it, etc. theres 50 billion small things i want to take note of so i get it right but i can't find out where to get them. Is there any good anaolgy or video or lesson? it would be greatly appreciated. I need something that is for a couple newbie and the person who wrote it or was in the video knows how confusing it is when your a beginner. also, when you go to slap the strings, how should it sound really? when i do it, i dont think it comes out right because it sounds just as if i would play the string.

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
  3. epiroxx

epiroxx

Jul 25, 2007
    MD
    yeah, i went to that thread and i looked at the first page and none worked for me.

4. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    That's weird, I tried a couple and they were all working...