1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hey longtime lurker here, need a little help..

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ChorusPedal88, Aug 25, 2007.

1. ChorusPedal88

ChorusPedal88

Aug 25, 2007
    Lol hey guys longtime lurker but only just a new member lol, me and a band are gigging on the 27th September and we thought we'd open with Orion as its Cliffs death anniversary I've cracked every part of the song (including that complex bass solo) but I'm looking for an effect (stompbox, multi effects don't matter) to get a similar sound to Rob's live intro to it, or if so something similar to the studio version with Cliff, I know its multiple tracks of bass and volumes pedals etc, but something sounding similar to either, Any reccomendations?, And hopefully I might use them in the future too.

I use an IbanezGSR200 bass Laney RB4 Bass Amp (hey packs a good punch to my ears), and effects wise I use a Boss ODB-3 combined with Weeping Demon 7 Wah by Ibanez

Very Cliff influenced as you can see but I also like to play about with it alot when the effects are needed for songs. Plus I sometimes like to use the Wah on its own.

Appreciate the help :)

2. I'm not the biggest cliff guy around here, but I'd say ditch the ODB for a muff.

And do a search next time, Cliff is talked about a lot on these boards, and you don't want the Search Gestapo coming down on you!

-Le Seaworthy Bassist